Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B of A authorized user reporting question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

B of A authorized user reporting question

I am looking for some recent information.

Does B of A report the original CC open date or the date the AU is added? If anyone has added an AU recently that could let me know would be very much appreciated. I'm looking to add some AAoA for my DW.

This is for a spouse, but any recent experiences I would appreciate.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: B of A authorized user reporting question

If added AAoA is the only or the primary reason for adding her as an AU, you might want to ponder on that unless her score is really low and she is beginning rebuilding.

Age of accunts is not a major factor in credit scoring.

As soon as you add any account of yours to her credit report, that will automatically make her credit score not representation of her personal risk of repayment.

A credtor, upon doing a manual review and seeing presence of an AU, may thus choose to either discount or ignore her score in their evaluation.

Adding an AU is good when rebuilding, where the person is appling for low amounts of credit wherein the credtiors dont normally go to the time and expense to do a manual review.  However if she will be apping for normal or higher levels of credit thst traditionally involves a manual review, having an AU could be a detriment even if it produces an artificial score boost.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.