cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAD credit week...Turned into GOOD credit week!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BAD credit week...Turned into GOOD credit week!

I started this week with my post "Denials are stupid". I was feeling frustrated about hearing no this week. I found a car I wanted, a local credit union offered me 3.4% car loan based on my Transunion FICO. I agreed, exchanged my car that I've had for 11 years (still miss it) LOL.
I also have a family car that I bought last year, financed through Wells Fargo. I got to thinking about refinancing it. Wells Fargo didn't want to refinance their own vehicle when I called them yesterday. I called the same credit union to see if they wanted both of the loans. They agreed! Also 3.4% from 14.99% ( I was only 8 months post BK when I got that loan) Then she said we can use the same hardpull to check about a credit card offer. I said sure why not? Approved $5000! She told me to call back in a few months for a CLI. Best part, 8.4% 0% bal transfer for 6 months. Score!! This week started annoying. Ended up with a Cap1 Venture $5000, WSECU $5000 CC, a new car with a great rate, and I'm saving $40 a month on my old loan but also shaving a year off! Good week!!! :-)
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Re: BAD credit week...Turned into GOOD credit week!

Congrats on approval and loans... way to go..
best wishes on your credit journey.........

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!:-)
Message 3 of 10
elim
Senior Contributor

congrats!  nice rates   :]

Message 4 of 10
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I started this week with my post "Denials are stupid". 

Haven't seen your other thread and I can understand frustration but approvals are based on your credit profile and income.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes of course. It was meant to save some humor in there. Although I was bummed, I also understand some reasons. :-)
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on all of the success. The car loan really illustrates the advantage of a credit union for car loans.  

Message 7 of 10
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

Congrats on progress on your credit journey.  You were kinda bummed on the other thread.  Great to see your upbeat news and be able to share in your journey. "What a difference a day makes"  

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome, very happy for you! Nice job and way to stay after it...

So, just to prep you - closing a loan that you had paid down a bit and adding two new loans may ding you. I lost 29 points for paying off an auto loan. The good news is it bounced back with haste - plus, you have what you want and the new rate will save you money. When my score dropped I said what you did last week, Credit is Stupid! It is counterintuitive at times. I have read about others losing less points and some who have lost more. The gurus here can add much better insight as to what to expect. In the end, it is all positive, it bounces back quick. Just dont want you to get credit sticker shock.

Keep at it, great job!

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice.. Congrats!!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.