Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BARCLAYS CARD. HELP!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BARCLAYS CARD. HELP!!!!

Trying to get an idea if I should bother applying for the Barclays rewards card ..

credit situation:

as of 11/2014
EQ 595
tu myfico 592
ex myfico 595

open cc
express comenity. Balance. $127. Credit limit. $ 550. Member since 2011

MACYS balance $47. cL. $100. Member since 2004

cap 1. Quicksilver. BAL. $130. cL. $ 300 member since 9/2014

cap 1 platinum Bal.$ 71 cL $300 member since 9/2014

Last collection. Verizon wireless 1300 bucks oct 2013

2 paid judgements 2012

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: BARCLAYS CARD. HELP!!!!

You should wait until your utilization on your cards go down and your credit scores get at least to 640 for any chance. Your baddies are also going to hold you back because they are so new. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but all you will get is another inquiry to lower your score in my opinion. Good Luck with your credit journey.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

i applied for a barclays and got turned down, called and spoke to them and got shot down again!!!!  i have 10 positive accounts with a 8% utilization havent missed a payment ever on the 10, but i do have 3 collections from 7 yrs ago.  transunion fico is 640.  they only use tu.  lady told me because of the collections i got turned down.  i thought i would have definetely got it.

Message 3 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@coldnmn wrote:

You should wait until your utilization on your cards go down and your credit scores get at least to 640 for any chance. Your baddies are also going to hold you back because they are so new. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but all you will get is another inquiry to lower your score in my opinion. Good Luck with your credit journey.

This ^^^^

Message 4 of 6
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

Nooooo. Get a 650+ tu
TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 5 of 6
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Well for starters... Pay all balances to $0, and out of your cards only let ONE report a balance of 1-9%, that should help your scores some. Barclays is good about reconning to a point, but I'd give it 6 more months with on time payments, and only letting one card report a a small balance with the other reporting $0 at the time statements cuts. See where you're in 6 months. FYI....I was 3 months post BK7 with CO and derogs from my bankruptcy reporting, and applied to Barclays, and denied. Lady told me, they wanted to see some positive (6-12mo) of history first. I'd already had 3 months of rebuild . Once I had 6 mo of reporting on my reports, I tried again and was instantly approved.... My score at the time was 635. It can be doneSmiley Happy good luck!!!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.