Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BARRY or someone that Knows !

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BARRY or someone that Knows !

Myfico gets its reports from the CRA"S , is that correct OR does creditors report to myfico also? I don't think that is the case, But here is my dilema...................... I have one 30 day late being reported to Ex.   If I pull my Ex file directly from them, the information is being reported correctly. (I called Ex to verify that it was correct also)...............On my Ex report that I pull from myfico, the information is incorrect.   The tradeline states that the account has been 30 day's late one time in the 7 yr reporting section, but in the 81 month payment history it has a red box with 60 days late instead of 30 days.

Is that mistake affecting my fico score?
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BARRY or someone that Knows !

jdeezy wrote:
Myfico gets its reports from the CRA"S , is that correct OR does creditors report to myfico also? I don't think that is the case, But here is my dilema...................... I have one 30 day late being reported to Ex.   If I pull my Ex file directly from them, the information is being reported correctly. (I called Ex to verify that it was correct also)...............On my Ex report that I pull from myfico, the information is incorrect.   The tradeline states that the account has been 30 day's late one time in the 7 yr reporting section, but in the 81 month payment history it has a red box with 60 days late instead of 30 days.

Is that mistake affecting my fico score?

Correct... myfico doesn't hold or own your reports. Myfico getsyour info from EX.. there should be no descrepencies.
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I thought. I have contacted EX and they said that they would send MYfico an updated report. I hope that this works because all of the copies that I have from Ex is reported correctly. So I don't really know if a updated copy will help. I can't figure out how the mistake happened!

report loosks like this:

30 day late  (1)
60 day late  (0)
90 day late  (0)

81 month payment history...........  red box with 60 day lat
Message 3 of 21
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

Tuscani knows!  Call the creditor.  Inform them of the incorrect info being reported.  Cite the law, if you have to: 

SS 623,  /responsibilities of furnishers of information to consumer reporting agencies. [15 U.S.C. ss 168s-2]

Message 4 of 21
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

Hit tab again ....  !  Sorry

US Code  SS 623. Responsibilities of furnishers of information to consumer reporting agencies [15 U.S.C. ss 1681s-2]

(a) Duty of Furnishers of Information to Provide Accurate Information

(1)  Prohibition

(A)  Reporting information with actual knowledge of errors.  A person 
                            shall not furnish information relating to a consumer to any consumer
                            reporting agency if the person knows or has reasonable cause to
                            believe that the information is inaccurate.

(B)  Reporting information after notice and confirmation of errors.  A
                            person shall not furnish information relating to a consumer to any
                            consumer reporting agency if:

(i)      the person has been notified by the consumer, at the address
                                   specified by the person for such notices, that specific 
                                   information is inaccurate; and

(ii)     the information is, in fact, inaccurate.

(C)    No address requirement.  A person who clearly and conspicuously
                             specifies to the consumer an address for notices referred to in
                             subparagraph (B) shall not be subject to subparagraph (A); however
                             nothing in subparagraph (B) shall require a person to specify  such an
                             address.

(D)    Definition.  For purposes of subparagraph (A), the term "reasonable
                             cause to believe that the information is "inaccurate" means having
                             specific knowledge, other than solely allegations by the consumer,
                             that would cause a reasonable person to have substantial doubts about
                             the accuracy of the information.

(2)  Duty to correct and update information.  A person who

(A)    regularly and in the ordinary course of business furnishes
                              information to one or more consumer reporting agencies
                              about the person's transactions or experiences with any
                              consumer, and

(B)     has furnished to a consumer reporting agency information that
                              the person determines is not complete or accurate, shall promptly
                              notify the consumer reporting agency of that determination and
                              provide to the agency any corrections to that information, or any
                              additional information, that is necessary to make the information
                              provided by the person to the agency complete and accurate, and
                              shall not thereafter furnish to the agency any of the information
                              that remains not complete or accurate.

I might also add that any one who has not read the law, should. 

Be well.
Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

The creditor never responds....any other thoughts?  I've tried proving no response to CRs but they don't do anything...
Message 6 of 21
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

If I might ask you what methods have you used to contact the creditor?  Have you sent registered mail, return receipt with proof of the additional late on your credit -- copy of the information being reported,  to include the 81 payment history, as well as what proof you have of payments made that would invalidate a 60 day late, that is affecting your score?  (Keep copies and receipts of everything you send). 

Have you researched under your state's Division of Corporations to get a list of officers within this particular creditor and then called and kindly, but firmly, insisted upon speaking to one of them, as you are getting no results from the reps who take your calls?  This  ruffles the feathers of some, but it oftentimes gets results. 

Have you pointed out to the CRA the descrepency in your file by asking (while you're on the phone with them) to pull the 81 month history to validate the existence of the descrepancy?  

They won't always look at the history unless you ask -- or as so has been my experience, in fighting with a particular bank for more than two years, now, and through the CRAs, in the way of disputes, rather than going directly to the creditor, and (nicely) hounding the heck out of them until they actually researched the info they are reporting to the CRAs, and found it in error because of the 81 month history that didn't mesh with the rest of the information.  There really isn't anything a CRA can do if the creditor continues to verifty incorrect information.  It's always best, or so has been my experience, again, to go to the creditor, but if you can prove a descrepancy with the CRA, they will dispute with the additonal information.

me
Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah. I have all of the info to provide to the creditor that would justify my claim. I have talked to the rep and was told that she didn't see anything that would justify a 60 day late on their end of the deal. So I guess that it will get handled............my biggest concern is that I can't figure out who made the mistake in the first place.  Its really troubleing me !

How can my Experian report be completly correct when I get it directly from them?  BUT when myfico pulls the report from Experian it has a mistake in it?

I don't know who to be upset with and its scary how this can even happen.   Im just venting because Im getting prepared for a mortgage and I don't want to have anymore surprises like this.

Forgive me and thanks for the advice.  I feel better Know !
Message 8 of 21
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

I don't understand how EX says they are going to send MyFICO an updated report. That's not possible as MyFICO pulls your report from EX to generate a score. I would take this up MyFICO cust service.
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im with you Tuscani. This is weird and I keep getting sent in circles. I have spoken with all three. (myfico, experian, creditor).  None of them can really explain what happened and what has to be done to fix it.  Myfico understands what Im explaining to them as the rep looked  at the report and said that it looks like a typo. She said that I had to take it up with the creditor or dispute it with experian.

Experian said that there is no point of disputing it because the creditor is not at fault because they have reported correctly to experian. and I agree because the same tradeline for EQ and TU from my fico is reported correctly.

The rep at Ex said that she could send over an updated report and have myfico change the info. I can't figure this one out!
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.