Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEST WAY TO REQUEST A CLI

tag
PayYouNever
Frequent Contributor

BEST WAY TO REQUEST A CLI

I have an Orchard Bank, First Premier and AMEX Delta Skymiles CCs, and I want to a CLI in order to bring my Utilization down, however, I'm not able to get one even though I pay more than the minimum each month.

Granted, it's been difficult to bring the utilization below 80% because of cashflow issues over the past six months.

However, I used to have a $3000 limit on the AMEX, until I paid off $2500. Then AMEX decreased my CL to $500.

My TU = 547, My EQ = 540, My EX = ??

Has anyone has success requesting online or over the phone better? And what about sending a reconsider letter?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BEST WAY TO REQUEST A CLI

I would suggest not even trying for cli's until you get the utilizations down to the recommended 1%-9%, or indeed PIF's. I too had high balances, and the scores didnt budge at all, until I got the balances down to that range. PLUS...I stopped using the cc's altogether. Cash only. PLUS....I bit the bullet and withdrew from my savings enough to get those balances down. When I started my TU FICO score was 521. that was in March 2007. Just yesterday I pulled my Credit Reports and my TU score was 676. And I'm not about to ask for a cli until I get past 700. The main thing, imo, is to get the balances down to the !%-9% range if at all possible. Good luck to you Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.