Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIG score jump

tag
miskiss
New Contributor

BIG score jump

So TU FINALLY showed me some love, my FICO score jumped from 590 to 672! Smiley Wink

My credit profile needed more current positive TLs so I now have added 3 new TLs:

The Room Store: CL: $4000
Best Buy: CL $3000
Wal-Mart: CL $400

The inquiries and decreased average age did lower my scores a little, but I'm hoping that in 6 months to a year of positive payment history and returning my util to 1-9% I'll qualify for a new auto loan. 
They still want to give me a 19% interest rate on a auto loan. I guess since I paid cash for my last two cars, the old auto loan has fallen off my CR. Smiley Sad  Too bad I can't request that they pull TU!

mis

Message Edited by miskiss on 12-01-2007 11:28 PM
11/2/2019: EQ 699, TU 649, EX 652. 6/15/2019: EQ 682, TU 621, EX 630 "The journey of a million miles begins with a single step"
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BIG score jump

Wow congrats!! Did you get that jump in one day?
Message 2 of 4
miskiss
New Contributor

The last time I checked my FICO was 10/27, so this is after I brought my utility to 7% across the board.  I also disputed and was successful at removing a few duplicated and incorrect collections.  They actually even removed one that I hadn't even disputed, but I'm not complaining!

So I guess that's a 82 point jump in 1 month!  I owe it all to everyone here who has shared their advice and success stories. I still have a ways to go, but it's so very nice to see the landmarks as they pass! I didn't even know how much utility affected your FICO score before reading these forums. I've only been here a few months, but have gained a wealth of knowledge. I'm also helping my parents now. We were able to remove an incorrect $40,000 collection from my mother's report! It feels so good to be able to help other people with the information that I have learned here.

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!

Message Edited by miskiss on 12-01-2007 11:35 PM
11/2/2019: EQ 699, TU 649, EX 652. 6/15/2019: EQ 682, TU 621, EX 630 "The journey of a million miles begins with a single step"
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am happy for you. The is a nice score bump in a month! WTG!!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.