New Visitor
Hudson

BK-7 Question

Does anyone have advice on how to get an account that was discharged in a BK-7 to report as a 0 balance on the credit report?  I have dealt with the bureaus multiple times and it doesn't seem to get taken care of.
Established Contributor
myhearts07

Re: BK-7 Question

I filed BK7 in 2001, discharged 2002 and the accounts have just now started showing 0 balances.  If you have disputed with the bureaus and they have done nothing, send them a copy of your bk discharge letter and the rest of the papers.  I just got a letter yesterday telling me to send them a copy as further proof that accts. listed should be at $0 and listed as "included in Chapter 7 Bankruptcy".

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}