Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK 7 with erroneous file date - can I ask for a delete from credit Bureaus

tag
daddiggingout
Regular Contributor

BK 7 with erroneous file date - can I ask for a delete from credit Bureaus

I had a BK 7 back in 2002 after a job loss and used an attorney that failed to file our creditor info.  As a result I had to ask the TU EX and Eq to add them into the Bankruptcy category.  I phoned the attorney and he said not to worry about it as the dates of the debt will naturally match up to the discharged BK.  Now when I pulled my credit reports I am finding three different date filed days - can I ask for a DV on a six year old BK 7?  The infuriating thing is that we didn't have but $5,000 in total debt but filed a BK 7 to avoid foreclusure - this attorney convinced us that by doing so we would get 90 days to sell our home which we did manage to do.  However, our foolish mistake of filing bankruptcy has cost us tens of thousands - we were very naive if not downright ignorant over money and credit back then.  This lawyer kept pushing us to do "the right thing" and file for Bankruptcy and then he didn't even add our list of creditors - the amazing thing is he admits that he "forgot"to add the creditors without any shame at all!  Any suggestions on how to proceed or whether just to drop it and wait out the ten year mark? 
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.