Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK gone from CR, good or bad?

tag
Ron6262
Regular Contributor

BK gone from CR, good or bad?

I am only a bit over two years discharged from Chap 7 BK.  I had an uppper 670 credit score, then it mysteriously dropped down to 638.  I noticed the only change is the BK is no longer reporting.  Is this good or bad in the long term??  I am hesitant to call or dispute and ask that it be put back on, but dont really know much about this issue.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
compassion101
Established Contributor

Re: BK gone from CR, good or bad?

Where is the credit report from and the credit score? What does it list as the primary negatives factors bringing down your score?

Message 2 of 5
GoingTo800
Contributor

you probably lost some age, your score now with no BK is better than a higher score with a bk!
Equifax Feb 2012 690
TU Feb 2012 720
Message 3 of 5
Jlu
Established Contributor

Rebucketing. It's a good thing.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 4 of 5
RnJ
Contributor

I'm no expert, but might it reappear later?  Also, how many accounts did you have IIB?  Sometimes, those accounts might get deleted and then get added back on by the creditors, you should be watching your reports frequently.

I don't know how it is with auto loans, but with a mortgage application, you still have to disclose you filed and were discharged from BK, because the underwriter will find it, the BK Ch 7 is public record and the info can be accessible to lenders.  (that is if you apply for a mortgage before the BK falls off your report - 10 years from date of filing)

I'm not sure I would ask the CRA's to reinsert it, they would have to verify, and if any major accounts were IIB, those could come back on your report and cause you a lot of misery.  I would do nothihng at this point, monitor your reports once or twice a year, get your scores at least once a year (or more often if you're in the position for asking for a loan).  Make sure you're checking all three CRA's for your reports, see if the BK is not reporting on all three, but monitor regularly if you can.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.