Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK question on credit file comments

tag
Mikey
Valued Member

BK question on credit file comments

I have two accounts that were included in a BK7.  I pulled my EX report a couple days ago and they are being reported as "Collection/Charged Off" rather that "Included in BK7 discharge".  The other two CRA's are reporting these accounts as "Included in BK7", but EX seems to want to put an even more negative spin on accounts.  I've heard that although it will still be a derrogative, having the correct comments in important if my credit file is ever personally viewed.  Can anyone tell me if I have the right to request the CRA's change the comments by providing them a copy of my BK discharge papers proving the two accounts were in fact included?

Thank you, Mike
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
cgmiller63
Contributor

Re: BK question on credit file comments

I've read on this site tht some people were sucessful in getting the account removed by sending the CRA's copies of the BK where it shows those accounts were included in the BK.  Perhaps you could do the same.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely dispute that they should be included in BK.  As long as they are outstanding they can still be reported and sold to new agencies ading even more damage to your scores.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a BK on my report.  I disputed all the BK creditors with the CRA's to make them list the creditor correctly.........included in BK.  One CRA asked me for a copy of the BK discharge.  I did not send it to them but I did send a letter to the creditor telling them to report it correctly and it was done.  In my experience, it was better to have the creditor read properly on the CR.  It also raised my scores. 
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.