Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLUE SKY FROM AMEX

tag
princeromeo
Regular Contributor

BLUE SKY FROM AMEX

on may 30 i applied and they ran transunion which amex rarely does at the time i was denied due to

Account(s) 90+ days past due in the last two years

Unsatisfied account 90+ days past due with a balance of $200+ greater than 1 year

Excessive inquiries 

my score was about 560 fico well my score has gotten up to 672 now because that account that was 90 plus days late is being disputed    now with a 672 fico score can i call them back for a recon?  do i have a chance with that score i really want a amex card!!!! 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BLUE SKY FROM AMEX

Why not try for Delta Skymiles first?   That card is supposed to be one of the easier ones to get from Amex.   Many of us have had luck converting the skymiles card to a blue card after activation.  If you can't get in the front door, try the side!
Message 2 of 10
princeromeo
Regular Contributor

its just id rather have them reconsider looking at my transunion score because my experian r ight now is not really good
Message 3 of 10
princeromeo
Regular Contributor

672 tomm is monday should i call amex   what do you guys think from 560 to 672 will they approve it now please let me khow if its worth the call tomm
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP-my score was about 560 fico well my score has gotten up to 672 now because that account that was 90 plus days late is being disputed    now with a 672 fico score can i call them back for a recon?  do i have a chance with that score i really want a amex card!!!! 

I think that since you just recently applied, it would not be a good ideal to try again. Just because you are "disputing that account that was 90 plus days old", it is still showing on your report, "as being in dispute".  Once the CRA has investigated the dispute and it doesn't change the 90 days late, your score will drop the points you gained when you disputed. It can also drop lower than what it increased if the investigation is verified as being correct for the 90 days late.

While a TL is in dispute, fico does not count it in your score. Since yours was a fairly new neg. it gave you a lot of points (while in dispute). The opposite happened to me a week ago. I had a good positive TL, but I disputed a couple of 30 day lates from like five year ago. The account is an older account, and is current with no lates in like five years. So now while my positive TL is in dispute, my score dropped 24 points.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

From my experience when you ask for recon creditors don't generally pull a new report they look at the one they already have. The one they already have has those lates there. If you want this card I'd just apply for it again, that way it will be with the CR with the higher score. I'm not sure how that'll work - if they'll see that you've recently applied for it. I actually did something similar. I disputed something on EQ back in December and my fico shot up from low 600s to 757 (yeah that item is that bad!) - I got instant approval for an AMEX Blue Cash with a 6K limit.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

db23 wrote:
From my experience when you ask for recon creditors don't generally pull a new report they look at the one they already have. The one they already have has those lates there. If you want this card I'd just apply for it again, that way it will be with the CR with the higher score. I'm not sure how that'll work - if they'll see that you've recently applied for it. I actually did something similar. I disputed something on EQ back in December and my fico shot up from low 600s to 757 (yeah that item is that bad!) - I got instant approval for an AMEX Blue Cash with a 6K limit.

How did your dispute come out and what effect did it have on your score after the dispute investigation was finished. Curious, since I am waiting to see how my score is effected.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My dispute was done online and came back verified no change a few days later and my score shot right back down. I still got my card and due to my perfect payment history with them they just bumped up my CL to 10K last week. Anyone that says not to apply when something in in dispute and your score is artificially inflated has obviously not tried it. It obviously worked out very well for me. I also just got a Gold Delta Skymiles last week. I'm going to wait a month and convert my Blue Cash to a Clear and then try to convert my Delta to a Blue Cash - everything I've read says that's the only way I can do it.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP is lucky. AMEX is pulling EX for me now and I can't afford any more Inqs on EX. I wish they were pulling TU for me!
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the CC's. Sorry your score went down too. Hopefully when my dispue is over, I will get my 24 points back since it was a positive TL.

I do have some baddies that will bill dropping off in Aug., and when that happens........I am going for the Amex too. Wish me luck.

Thanks for the feedbackSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.