Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA CLI

tag
Sunnybity
Contributor

BOA CLI

Any advice on this subject? I requested a cli and I just got the card maybe 2 weeks ago. I have yet to use it. I did it online and they stated that I should receive a response by the next business day. Current limit is 1500. What are my chances?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA CLI

I have a BoA card with a 1500 CL. I ask for a CLI online right after I received the card and got the same message. I received a letter in the mail denying the increase due to not enough history with them. They also stated in the letter that they do regular reviews and grant CLI.
Message 2 of 5
Sunnybity
Contributor

Interesting. Thanks. I guess I should expect the letter some time in the near future. Bummer.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My understanding is that big banks like to see at least 6 months of payment history before they consider CLI requests, or before automatic review for CLI. So, say you opened your account in January, wait until July (Feb-July, 6 months later) to request a CLI. Especially with BoA you can always impress them by saying that you've "been a loyal customer" and they will eat it up. Usually CLI requests with big banks are considered soft inquiries and won't affect your credit score. So either wait a little more and try again, or if you recently got a job and have a higher income, call to ask if that can get you a CLI! Good luck!
Message 4 of 5
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

I love my BOA!!  In the year and a half that it's been open, they've raised my CL 3 times, without my asking -- from $1000 to now $2500, and I'm up for review, again, next month.  O, and they always do soft pulls.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.