Contributor
Sunnybity

BOA CLI

Any advice on this subject? I requested a cli and I just got the card maybe 2 weeks ago. I have yet to use it. I did it online and they stated that I should receive a response by the next business day. Current limit is 1500. What are my chances?
Contributor
onmyway3161

Re: BOA CLI

I have a BoA card with a 1500 CL. I ask for a CLI online right after I received the card and got the same message. I received a letter in the mail denying the increase due to not enough history with them. They also stated in the letter that they do regular reviews and grant CLI.
Contributor
Sunnybity

Interesting. Thanks. I guess I should expect the letter some time in the near future. Bummer.
Established Member
navigator1256

My understanding is that big banks like to see at least 6 months of payment history before they consider CLI requests, or before automatic review for CLI. So, say you opened your account in January, wait until July (Feb-July, 6 months later) to request a CLI. Especially with BoA you can always impress them by saying that you've "been a loyal customer" and they will eat it up. Usually CLI requests with big banks are considered soft inquiries and won't affect your credit score. So either wait a little more and try again, or if you recently got a job and have a higher income, call to ask if that can get you a CLI! Good luck!
Frequent Contributor
MercyMe

I love my BOA!!  In the year and a half that it's been open, they've raised my CL 3 times, without my asking -- from $1000 to now $2500, and I'm up for review, again, next month.  O, and they always do soft pulls.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}