Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA cash rewards multiple accounts issue

tag
nmac
Regular Contributor

BOA cash rewards multiple accounts issue

I was recently approved for the Bank of America cash rewards card with a 5K limit. I received the card today and activated it online. During the activation process I was asked which of my cards I wanted to activate. I selected the account number that corresponds to the card I received in the mail and the account activated without incident.

When I logged into the BOA website it shows that I have 2 cash rewards credit card accounts. Both accounts have a 5k limit. The only difference between the 2 are that one has a $1,500 cash access line and the other only has a $200 cash access line. I don’t want the second account. I hope it didn’t cause a 2nd credit inquiry and my AAoA certainly doesn’t need the hit since I’m been churning cards for bonus like crazy this last year. I’m also a little surprised that I was (apparently) approved for 2 accounts since it wasn’t an instant approval.

Is there any way that I can ensure that BOA doesn’t report 2 accounts / inquiries.

Thanks

Quick Silver 2k - Discover 4.3K - Chase Freedom 7.6K - Venture 13K
Citi Double Cash 3.5K - Amex SPG 5K - CSP 5K - Arrival+ 3K
SW Premiere 5K - Citi TY Premiere 3.7K - FNBO Sun Country 3.6K
BOA Cash Rewards 5K - DCU Platinum 10K - Spirit 5K
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: BOA cash rewards multiple accounts issue

Contact BoA and explain the situation.  They should delete the second tl. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.