Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA verified

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA verified

I have two closed and one open account with bank of america. One of the closed

accounts is a former Clout.com account that was purchased and is reporting 60/90 in

2004. I called BOA and asked for the statements. They sent me a letter stating that they

might not be able to provide that information. Despite this they continue to verify

these lates with the CRA's. I'm at a loss as to what to do next. Do they not have the

statements, but have the lates coded in their computer? If so is that legal and how can

I get them to stop reporting them without making them so angry they close my open

account?

Message Edited by Towser44 on 04-19-2008 08:46 PM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA verified

Since you have disputed with the CRA and they "verified", send them a MOV letter. Send BoA the OC letter.

Since BoA verified, you can demand an investigation(kinda like a DV- but goes to the OC after a dispute that was verified)

Search the forums for the "OC letter" or maybe someone will come along who will have it.

Sorry, I dont have a copy of it.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to do a MOV with the CRA's, I am just concerned if BOA would close or CLD my open account. Anyone know of them doing anything like that because of excessive disputing. I think its illegal, but im guessing that doesn't mean it doesn't happen for "other" reasons.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The lates in 2004 are not hurting you!!!  If you have already filed a dispute and they verified They MUST answer the OC letter.   If this account was closed and not COd    I would leave it alone.

Some people have tried to have corrections made on closed accounts & the wholw TL was deleted. I will post the OC letter    If you want to use it   read it & make all changes needed.

It should not have any effect on your open account.

HSBC Card Services
Attention: Bureau Dispute Processing
PO Box 19360
Portland, OR 97280

August 2, 2007

Re: Acct #xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To Whom It May Concern:

I recently pulled my credit report from Experian, Equifax and TransUnion and noticed this account was listed on each of my reports as a collection/chargeoff. I immediately disputed this information with Experian, Equifax and TransUnion and the results of the investigation came back as "verified". I did not have an account with HSBC during this time period.

Since I have disputed the account with the credit bureaus, and you have verified them, I would like to see what sort of records you have for this alleged account. Under the new FACTA laws, you are required to conduct an investigation on this account, and I am now requesting it.

I will seek legal action under § FCRA 623 (b) for violations of the FCRA if you do not comply and respond to me with the results of the investigation whithin 30 days of your receipt of this letter.

In order to clear up this matter, I would like to see, a signed contract showing me that I indeed had an account with your company. If you don't respond with the results of the investigation (as is required per the FCRA), I will assume you have no documentation and therefore you were negligent in providing the credit bureaus with accurate information. At this point, you would also be in violation of the FCRA merely for not responding within the 30-day period.

To avoid a lawsuit, I request that you remove account from my credit report. Please delete this listing or I will be forced to seek legal action.

Sincerely,

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.