cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP/Citibank cant find my acct...possible delete?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BP/Citibank cant find my acct...possible delete?

Hi everybody I am hoping you might tell me some good news.

I sent a gw letter to BP/citibank for an old paid charge off.  The letter I got in response says they can't find my info because it was illeligble or incomplete.   It was typed so should be legible.   It is the same acct number as on two of my credit reports.   They want me to send the full account number or my social security number.  

Any chance of a delete??  What are your suggestions?   Thanks.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BP/Citibank cant find my acct...possible delete?

the credit reports sometimes shave off the last four of the account number for security purposes..when you look at you CR do you see asterisks at the end of the account number?
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

neednewcredit wrote:
Hi everybody I am hoping you might tell me some good news.

I sent a gw letter to BP/citibank for an old paid charge off.  The letter I got in response says they can't find my info because it was illeligble or incomplete.   It was typed so should be legible.   It is the same acct number as on two of my credit reports.   They want me to send the full account number or my social security number.  

Any chance of a delete??  What are your suggestions?   Thanks.

This is the OC  correct?     IF so  dispute with all CRAs that are reporting!!!!!

IF the dispute comes back verified....then send the OC letter to the OC.....they then MUST answer within 30 days   or you can have it deleted!!!!   

DO NOT at any time give them any info....it is up to them to have it all!
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes this is the OC.  So what should I dispute with the CRA?  not mine?    Thanks!!  I hope I get lucky on this one!!!!
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is what I would do!!!!  IF it comes back verified   I would MOV the CRA  and send the OC letter to the OC     after they verify it they MUST answer the OC letter.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy Days...

The first one came back verified from the CRA.   What is the OC letter you spoke of??  I did not see it in the threads.

Thanks and Happy Weekend!Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 9
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

I beleive he meant sending the GW letter to the OC.

Also, dont forget to send the MOV to the CRA's.
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, there is an OC letter. It's kinda like a DV. It's asking the OC to investigate. You can only send if you have disputed with the CRA and they have verified. I don't have a copy handy or the link to one, but I'm sure Happy does and she'll post it soon.

ngerasimatos wrote:
I beleive he meant sending the GW letter to the OC.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.