Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Mortgage That Will Continue Reporting

tag
jake619
Frequent Contributor

Bad Mortgage That Will Continue Reporting

I had a mortgage short sale on 2009.  My CR lists the account will report until 2022.  The baddies started in 09 and has since been settled.  Can it really continue reporting for that long?  I'd love to get this off my report as quickly as legally possible.

EDIT:  Just realized where I posted thisSmiley Sad... help me out, Mods.  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Bad Mortgage That Will Continue Reporting

Exclusion depends upon the adverse information being reported.  Each type of adverse reporting has its own exclusion date.

What adverse information was reported?

There are only a few types of adverse information listed under FCRA 605(a)  (e.g., BK or unpaid tax liens)  that have a CR exclusion date that extends beyond 7 years, so a 2022 date looks suspicious.

FCRA 605(a)(5) is the catch-all provision, which states: 

"Any other adverse item of information, other than records of convictions of crimes, which antedate the report by more than seven years."

Message 2 of 3
jake619
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bad Mortgage That Will Continue Reporting

My apologies.  I think I crossed some data... this stuff gets blurry after a while.  It looks like it's actually due to drop in 2016.  The 2022 was a comment field.  Thanks.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.