Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad credit issues

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bad credit issues

Hi,

My bad time has wrecked my credit scores. I still have four VISA CC's still active and I am making regular payments on them. Also I still have 2 Dept Store Cards active and still paying them.

I have a EQ plus score of 545

My Issues.

I have 3 judgements. I have almost paid one. I will be able to pay the second one by first qtr of 08.
I have a lot of mess created by charge off's and CA's have moved my data around very much, that I cannot even figure out who is who. There is duplicate reporting. One Judgement still has its original CC charge off entry.

The good thing is I did not have any bad credit or late payment in the last 18 months. Now I am making all payments in whatever credit cards I have in time.

Can anyone tell me where to start? This would be a great help!!

MM2

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bad credit issues

i would pfd anything you still owe and dispute the things you now are inaccurate. before you dispute check your state's sol and maybe you can get rid of some of the accurate stuff as well.

more veteran posters than i will chime in shortly.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

What SOL really means, I know it is Statute of Limitions. Where can I check those, any website? Also I recently moved state, will that hurt?

MM2

Message Edited by MM2 on 11-04-2007 08:37 AM
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

http://www.fair-debt-collection.com/statue-limitations.html

@Anonymous wrote:
What SOL really means, I know it is Statute of Limitions. Where can I check those, any website? Also I recently moved state, will that hurt?
MM2

Message Edited by MM2 on 11-04-2007 08:37 AM

Message 4 of 10
oogiemoo
Regular Contributor

Someone clarify this for me please...doesn't SOL have to do with the time frame in which they can sue you not for how long they can report?

Message Edited by oogiemoo on 11-04-2007 10:04 AM
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOL represents the amount of time the can sue you.
Date of First Delinquency (DOFD) refers to the start date for how long the CRAs can report a derogatory TL.  Making agreements/payments to a CA can in some states change the DOFD to the last date you made a agreement/payment to the CA. 
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

some state have a sol shorter than the 7 years it will take for the baddies to fall off. if the sol has been exceeded a dispute might make it go away. if they can't sue, maybe they'll be too lazy to affirm. also, if sol hasn't lapsed a dispute may cause them to come after you.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

According to SOL for NC, the SOL for Credit Cards is 3 years.
Most of my card debts are more than that old some 4 years some 5 years old.
CA's keep changing hands by buying the debts. How to stop them from inquires and posting new debts?
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable

MM2 wrote:
According to SOL for NC, the SOL for Credit Cards is 3 years.
Most of my card debts are more than that old some 4 years some 5 years old.
CA's keep changing hands by buying the debts. How to stop them from inquires and posting new debts?

An OC and 1 (one) CA can report at 1 time.....the debt can be sold (and is) over & over.  IF past SOL they can not sue..........sooooooooooo

Dispute and DV  (DV send CMRRR!!!!)  every time they appear. This might hurt scores as they will be updated BUT  If a CA does not respond within 30 days they MUST stop reporting!!!!  IF no response after 30 days dispute again....IF it comes back verified, you can send a copy of your DV along with copy of cert# and GC.....tell CRA that the CA did not validate and Fed.law statue states that they must (statue#) and if they did not validate then the CA was in violation and would also be in violation if they varify......please DELETE.....................wait for an answer * watch CR to see if it is deleted*.   IF not deleted within 30 days......send a MOV to all CRAs that are reporting   CMRRR.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.