cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baddie falls off one CRA, but not the other?

tag
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Baddie falls off one CRA, but not the other?

Is it common for a baddie to fall off one CRA, and not the other CRA that is reporting the baddie?  Will the other CRA follow suit, but it may just take some more time?

It's gone from EX but still on TU.  It fell off automatically about a month ago.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Baddie falls off one CRA, but not the other?

@racer-x wrote:

Is it common for a baddie to fall off one CRA, and not the other CRA that is reporting the baddie?  Will the other CRA follow suit, but it may just take some more time?

It's gone from EX but still on TU.  It fell off automatically about a month ago.

Some CB's just take longer to update could be 30-45 days most likely by next month (gone)

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

It really depends on why the baddie was coming off.  Was it due to age, a dispute or a PFD?

Message 3 of 8
mtrsprt
Frequent Contributor

You are not Racer-X from SVTP correct?

Starting Score: 521 TU, 597 EQ, 574 EX on 6/20/2011
Current Score: 753 TU, 764 EQ, 766 EX on 02/17/2014
Goal Score: 720-740 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 8
racer-x
Valued Contributor

I don't think so, since I don't know what SVTP is?  Let me google that and I'll get back with ya. lol

edit:  Just googled SVTP...I don't have an SVT mustang and I don't know anything about android software (i-user here) so it's definitely not me.  Sorry.

Message 5 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If by "falling off" you mean it was excluded due to expiration of its credit report exclusion period, the FCRA sets a maximum date after which continued includion is a violation of the statute by the CRA.

Nothing precludes a CRA from excluding prior to the max statutory period.  It is common for CRAs to exclude a bit early, and thus an excludable item oftern is removed by the CRAs a different dates.

Wait until the max statutory peirod has expired before contacting a CRA for lack of their exclusion.  They do it with computer programs, each set to their own drum beat.

Message 6 of 8
aot2009
Regular Contributor

Yes I had 19 account badies fall off 5 months early on experian and equifax but not transunion. Each one is different.

Message 7 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@racer-x wrote:

It's not uncommon.  They don't all act on the same time frame or with the same information in every case.  If you think it should have already come off then file a dispute.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.