Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baddies!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Baddies!!!

Is it possible to have baddies removed from your CR's even if the CC accounts have been closed?  2 closed by me the consumer and 2 closed by the credit gauranter.  I have a couple 90 day lates from 2002-2003 that are still affecting my scores.  I see all these people commenting about sending GW letters, but I assumed that only applied to accounts that are still opened?  Also, is there any way to remove an Auto REPO that was PIF the day after it happened.  It is from 2003 and assume if I don't do anything about it, that it will stay on my CR's until at least 2010.  Any input?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: Baddies!!!

You can definitely GW closed accounts just the same as opened ones.  There is a problem with GWing or disputing very old accounts though... sometimes the entire TL deletes.  What creditors are you dealing with?  Feel free to list.  When that happens, yes... your lates disappear but all the positives (account age) do so as well.

With FICO08 coming up around the bend, unless I needed new credit within the next few months I would want to see how that impacted my scores before I GW'd old accounts.  

Regarding the repo, I would GW that.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 9
LuvsRetro
Frequent Contributor

Goodwill can work on both open and closed accounts.   It definitely can't hurt to ask. 
10/01/2017 myFico EQ-778 TU-793 EX-781
11/01/2017 myFico EX-799, Barclays 11-4 Reported: EQ-796 TU-826 EX-799
Message 3 of 9
sunrise
Frequent Contributor

SmartCookie.....what can we expect from FICO08?  I am aware of the AU situation...what else?
takin' it one day at a time
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here are the 4 CC's that are now closed with baddies... all opened in 2000.

AMEX
CAP1
Structure/Express store card
Applied Card Bank
Message 5 of 9
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

sunrise wrote:
SmartCookie.....what can we expect from FICO08?  I am aware of the AU situation...what else?

Possibly the end of the 1st quarter... so as early as late March. 
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 6 of 9
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

durhc97 wrote:
Here are the 4 CC's that are now closed with baddies... all opened in 2000.

AMEX
CAP1
Structure/Express store card
Applied Card Bank

AMEX and Cap1 are pretty good for removing derogs without wiping the entire CL for old stuff.  Be very specific in your GW letter, and make copies of your CBRs for yourself just in case.  I'd go ahead with those now.

With Structure/Express and Applied... I am not familiar enough in how they handle GWs on old accounts, but maybe someone else is.
Message 7 of 9
sunrise
Frequent Contributor

Thanks SmartCookie!!  Very informative!!  So, I remember pulling a Vantage score sometime last month...Is this FAKO?  I believe the score was decent compared to my true FICO's.  They were discussing Vantage in the FICO08 article....Are many companies using this..is there a website on what companies are using it? 

Thanks!
takin' it one day at a time
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes - Vantage is a FAKO

sunrise wrote:
Thanks SmartCookie!!  Very informative!!  So, I remember pulling a Vantage score sometime last month...Is this FAKO?  I believe the score was decent compared to my true FICO's.  They were discussing Vantage in the FICO08 article....Are many companies using this..is there a website on what companies are using it? 

Thanks!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.