Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance Transfer

tag
Basspro2
Valued Member

Balance Transfer

Hello everyone ! Long time reader of these forums and I have just a simple question? I did a balance transfer with Capitol One to pay off a balance with Barklays. It wasn't much of a transfer but $600.00 .Does Barklays take offense to doing this? My Barklays has a higher interest rate than my Cap 1 believe it or not. I just don't want to PO Barklay Card and have them lower my CL because they got paid by Cap One. May be a dumb question but has me concerned. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Balance Transfer

Interesting question....

If I were a creditor, I would view the current CL as my comfort level in permitting the consumer to use my $, capped by the level at which they may become an increased risk of delinquency/default.  I would want them to use the card, thus getting fees at the register, and potential interest.

Using criteria unrelated to a risk of repayment analysis would most likely reduce my profits on the average......not a business decision I would probably make.

Message 2 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Basspro2 wrote:

Hello everyone ! Long time reader of these forums and I have just a simple question? I did a balance transfer with Capitol One to pay off a balance with Barklays. It wasn't much of a transfer but $600.00 .Does Barklays take offense to doing this?

Why would any creditor "take offense" to being paid?

Message 3 of 5
ACsteel
Frequent Contributor

It's fine, the balance transfers are there for use, it's promoted b/c they want you to use their cards. However make sure the balance transferred is not capping off your card and overall your utilization to debt ratio stays low.

Message 4 of 5
Basspro2
Valued Member

Thanks guys ... Just worried that Barkleys would get concerned that Cap 1 is paying a balance. Never did a transfer before and you know how wierd Barklays is.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.