Contributor

Balance transfer question

I have received offers from several of my credit cards offering 0% balance transfers through 10/08 - I think this is because I have paid many to zero recently.  Can one ever get their limit increased by telling the rep they want to transfer a balance but it's larger than the current credit limit, and that the only way they will transfer a balance is if the cc company increases the limit?  Any success stories?
Senior Contributor
ilovepizza

Re: Balance transfer question

I have tried this many times. Never had more than a tiny bit of luck. They usually only allowed me to transfer up to the limit because it maked me look desperate. Just an opinion based on personal experience... I would try to get an increase before the transfer. But you might have better luck than I did.
If we never set higher goals we would never get as far.
sol, credit 101, acr, abbreviations, calc

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+