cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Band Of America Secured Card displaying funny/weird?

tag
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Band Of America Secured Card displaying funny/weird?

My secured credit card is showing as the following.

Bank of America - Emerging Credit Platinum Plus Visa

Is this the new name for their secured card or are they converting me to a non-secured card?

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Band Of America Secured Card displaying funny/weird?

Yes this is the name for the secured Visa through BofA.  I have the same card.  The downer is it does say secured on the cbr as well.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the fact that it displays secured on the CBR affect your FICO or anything else?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I JUST! I JUST! JUST! Got rid of my Secured card through them this morning. I have a Savings account linked to the card that keeps charging me retarded fees. So that card also may be gone for you in the next 2 days I hope Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 5
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

peetred wrote:
Does the fact that it displays secured on the CBR affect your FICO or anything else?

I doesn't effect your Fico score, because the scoring model doesn't pay attention to that, just the utl and payment history.  It can however effect a manual review I believe, although if the payment history on it is good, then IMO, it shouldn't matter than either.
Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.