hockeycq

Bank Of America Debt

[ Edited ]
Hello All:

I have bee nreading these forums for some time now and have found some awsome info, and I was hoping someone can give me some advice on something.

I have a BOA debt on my credit report and thru a Tru Credit, credit report all three CRA report it as collection/chargeoff, with the following remarks at the bottom. The debt itself is probably two to three years old.
TU - charged offas a bad debt
EX - unpaid balance reported as a loss by the creditor grantor
EQ - charged off account

I would like to clean this up and remove the negitive info from my report and my question is. I am now getting calls about this debt from a CA (creditors financial group). Do I deal with these people and pay my debt through them and if i do can they change the info that BOA is reporting? (mind you, that the CA is not listed on my credit report only BOA) or should I call BOA directly to take care of this and would they remove the negitive info from my report if I paid?

I did receive a letter from the CA dated 8/10/07 but by the time I actually opened it and read it, it was 9/9/07 so i missed the thirty day deadline for a DV request. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Message Edited by hockeycq on 09-13-2007 09:18 AM

Message Edited by hockeycq on 09-13-2007 09:19 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bank Of America Debt

If you can PIF, you might try a PFD with the OC. Then if the CA starts reporting, dispute.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}