Did you mean: 

Bank Of America

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank Of America

fused111 wrote:

SGT_F wrote:
It's been mine also that is is denial...but this one was different because I signed up to see what I was pre-approved for...then 3 came up and I picked one...then it said someone would contact me. I never even filled out the application on-line. They said they would contact me in 10 days.

I just did the same thing right now at BOA's site.  You did not (we did not) apply for any card.  I believe we gave enough personal info for BOA to pull a soft inq and make a decision on what cards you might get approved for.  Remember you did not apply for anything.  Which three cards did they recommend?  I did not see a message saying someone would contact me in ten days though.

Fuse from what you wrote, it sounds more like a scam thing.....it did sound kind of strange to me. So maybe you (sgt_f), made have taken it as a cc offer. I bet they will call with some like, we will give you a cc if......................, but only under these conditions. SGT_F, be very carful in what you agree to over the phone. As FUSE stated "Remember you did not apply for anything." So don't let it make a hard hit on you.
Message 11 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. Anybody knows of any good CC that pulls from EQ in MS? I have seen the thread that shows who pulls from what...but they are not 100% accurate.

Message Edited by SGT_F on 06-24-2007 02:39 PM
Message 12 of 66
fused
Moderator Emeritus

SGT_F wrote:
BOA Rewards American Express Card BOA World Points Platinum Plus Mastercard BOA Cash Awards Platinum Plus Mastercard. It said that further info was needed but to give a number for them to contact. It then said I would hear from them in 10 days.

Message Edited by SGT_F on 06-24-2007 02:35 PM

Curious, do you have anything negative on your CRs?
Message 13 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm told that CCCU is a big fan of EQ but I have not yet applied...
Message 14 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 120+ days late only..but it is 3yrs old. That's it. I can't dispute it either because I had a repo removed from same company...because I don't think they responded. Who is CCCC? A couple of charge-offs but everything pd except secured CC I opened up in May. Low UTL

Message Edited by SGT_F on 06-24-2007 02:42 PM
Message 15 of 66
fused
Moderator Emeritus

cbjn1103 wrote:

fused111 wrote:

SGT_F wrote:
It's been mine also that is is denial...but this one was different because I signed up to see what I was pre-approved for...then 3 came up and I picked one...then it said someone would contact me. I never even filled out the application on-line. They said they would contact me in 10 days.

I just did the same thing right now at BOA's site.  You did not (we did not) apply for any card.  I believe we gave enough personal info for BOA to pull a soft inq and make a decision on what cards you might get approved for.  Remember you did not apply for anything.  Which three cards did they recommend?  I did not see a message saying someone would contact me in ten days though.

Fuse from what you wrote, it sounds more like a scam thing.....it did sound kind of strange to me. So maybe you (sgt_f), made have taken it as a cc offer. I bet they will call with some like, we will give you a cc if......................, but only under these conditions. SGT_F, be very carful in what you agree to over the phone. As FUSE stated "Remember you did not apply for anything." So don't let it make a hard hit on you.

Their website clearly states it's not an app for credit.  In fact their set-up is similar to crap1's.
Message 16 of 66
fused
Moderator Emeritus

SGT_F wrote:
I have 120+ days late only..but it is 3yrs old. That's it. I can't dispute it either because I had a repo removed from same company...because I don't think they responded. Who is CCCC? A couple of charge-offs but everything pd except secured CC I opened up in May. Low UTL

Message Edited by SGT_F on 06-24-2007 02:42 PM

Try and GW the late.  Do you have any cc's now?
Message 17 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just the secured w/300 CL. Low 29% UTL. That's it. I was pre-approved for Orchard Bank.
Message 18 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

SGT_F wrote:
Ok. Anybody knows of any good CC that pulls from EQ in MS? I have seen the thread that shows who pulls from what...but they are not 100% accurate.

Message Edited by SGT_F on 06-24-2007 02:39 PM

I am in Alabama. I know that HSBC, First USA, Chase-BML. Possibly, Aspire, Merrick Bank, and Applied. I may be wrong on Merrick Bank. I will check my records and let you know.
Message 19 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

www.cccu.ca  Christian Community Credit Union
Message 20 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.