Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankcard 8 score Vs. Fico 8 score

tag
mrcrisp023
Frequent Contributor

Bankcard 8 score Vs. Fico 8 score

I'm just curious, do credit card companies use your regular Fico score or your Bankcard score?  Across the board, my regular Fico8 score is higher than my Fico Bankcard score, especially with my Equifax, where my bankcard score is 672 compared to my regular FIco 8 score which is 686.  Which score should I be going by when trying to decide which cards I will qualify for?

Thanks.

Capital One SavorOne: $3000 / Bank of America Unlimited Cash Rewards Visa Signature: $500 / Mission Lane: $1500 / Merrick: $2000 / CreditOne Amex: $850

Starting 09/2022 MyFico 08: EQ 648 / TU 659 / EX 644
Current MyFico 08: EQ 665 / TU 670 / EX 670

2024 EOY Goal: 750
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Bankcard 8 score Vs. Fico 8 score

So your FICO 08 range is 300-850. Your FICO bankcard range is 250-900. 

A lot of lenders use FICO 08 score for approvals, but there are a lot out there that use bankcard scores. 

I would try and look around credit pulls database. But having your good fico 08 EQ score is going to make you just as attractive to a lender that might consider you for an approval with the BankCard score you have. 

Message 2 of 12
mrcrisp023
Frequent Contributor

Thanks.  Yea I've been looking at the credit pulls database a lot, but few people distinguish whether its a bankcard score that was pulled or their regular Fico.

Capital One SavorOne: $3000 / Bank of America Unlimited Cash Rewards Visa Signature: $500 / Mission Lane: $1500 / Merrick: $2000 / CreditOne Amex: $850

Starting 09/2022 MyFico 08: EQ 648 / TU 659 / EX 644
Current MyFico 08: EQ 665 / TU 670 / EX 670

2024 EOY Goal: 750
Message 3 of 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@mrcrisp023 wrote:

Thanks.  Yea I've been looking at the credit pulls database a lot, but few people distinguish whether its a bankcard score that was pulled or their regular Fico.

Only ways to tell is if you have an explicit comparison (from a MF 3B pull) or if they give you the score range where the industry options are clearly delineated out of 900 as ddemari correctly suggests.

Unfortunately lenders don't often disclose that level of information to us; presumably as more and more lenders start offering up FICO Open Access scores we can figure out what they're pulling, but so far I think FBNO and Citi are the only two offering a Bankcard Enhanced industry option on that front.

Historically for me my FICO 8 classic scores (baseline non-industry option) have been a pretty reasonable estimate for my industry option ones, but my file has a little bit of everything on it both positive and negative so I'm not terribly surprised by that.

        
Message 4 of 12
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@mrcrisp023 wrote:

I doubt a lot of people pay attention to the difference. I know I used to just look at the number and get happy or sad based on that

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 5 of 12
Bone35
Regular Contributor

For what its worth...Chase used EX Fico Bankcard when approving CSP a few months back

Message 6 of 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Bone35 wrote:

For what its worth...Chase used EX Fico Bankcard when approving CSP a few months back

How did you find that out?  To my knowledge Chase doesn't give the FICO score for their single APR products like the CSP?  Or at least they didn't use to at any rate.

        
Message 7 of 12
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

In addition to FNBO (EX-08 BE) and Citi (EQ-08 BE), Merrick gives out TU-08 BE enhanced scores.   US Bank uses TU-04 BE scores.

BoA, Barclay and Discover all provide TU-08 classic scores.  However, BoA seems to use some variant of EX for approvals.  I have heard Cap1 uses EQ-04 for their main score, but I am not sure.  Chase offers free EX-08 scores for Slate card holders, but I don't think they normally use that score.  There are reports of Chase pulling different scores for testing, but I think Chase mostly uses their internal score (CARS). 

PS Merrick isn't a bank you want a card from unless you are rebuilding.  It isn't a card you want once you can be approved for better cards.

Message 8 of 12
Bone35
Regular Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@Bone35 wrote:

How did you find that out?  To my knowledge Chase doesn't give the FICO score for their single APR products like the CSP?  Or at least they didn't use to at any rate.

Initial app was denied due to BK7 (2007)..

The denial letter had EX Bankcard Fico score of 720 or so.

We called for Recon immediately after receiving letter and were approved. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Bone35 wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@Bone35 wrote:

Initial app was denied due to BK7 (2007)..

The denial letter had EX Bankcard Fico score of 720 or so.

We called for Recon immediately after receiving letter and were approved. Smiley Happy

Ah that makes sense; same way I found out about Chase's using Vantage on my Freedom denied then successful recon.

        
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.