Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banking with Chase (WaMu)

tag
cat-like-stealth
Valued Member

Banking with Chase (WaMu)

Just got the Account Rules and Regulations booklet concerning the conversion from WaMu to Chase. This booklet is specific for California and Nevada. 

Looks like my WaMu Free Checking account is now going to be a Chase Free Extra Checking account. I notice that the initial changes they’re making to the Products and Services don’t really matter to me, until a few pages later I get to the Additional Banking Services and Fees for Personal Accounts section. It says Online Banking Services: ACH(Online Transfer Service Fee) $3/request.

I do a lot of online banking through this WaMu checking account. The wife and I have our paychecks deposited here and then I do the dollar cost averaging thing and dole out money to our mutual funds, currency funds, 529, etc. I also transfer money to our Penfed account a few times a month to pay off the credit card. So right there, that’s 14 times a month I’m transferring money which equals $42-month/$504-year. 

So these transfers I’m doing during the month, these go through the ACH process right? If I set up the Automatic Investing through Vanguard or Fidelity where they’re “pulling” the money, is that considered ACH? Just needed some help with clarification on this thing before I make a decision on whether to drop the Chase accounts.

I do have a Wells Fargo checking account because of our mortgage and I’ve tried searching their site for ACH fees on their Online Banking services. But I haven’t seen any, so it should be safe to say that they don’t charge that fee for transfers. Anyone have any experience with Wells Fargo fees?

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.