Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay's HardPull when they said they wouldn't

tag
gibeon
Established Contributor

Barclay's HardPull when they said they wouldn't

Let me preface this by stating that I have read that they are ALWAYS a hard pull if you ask for CLI. However...

I called in yesterday to talk to a CSR about the 0% balance transfer offer I have on my Arrival+ account. I mentioned that I had an amount in mind, but I didn't want to kill my utilization, so I would need a credit increase to do the transfer. 

The CSR stated that (and I'm paraphrasing, but barely), "It has been less than 30 days since you opened the account, so we will use the original credit report to make a decision."

She then read the disclaimer that they would need to look at my credit, and stopped half way through to point out that EVEN THOUGH she was reading the disclaimer, they WOULD DEFINITELY NOT HARD PULL my credit report again.

After looking at it, she said she needed to transfer me to an underwriter. She did, and I was denied, but the underwriter mentioned that the CSR DID pull my credit.

I was hoping that the UW meant that she pulled my report from my application, but the UW did not mean that. Today I saw the hardpull show up on TU.

In the end I'm not that worried about it, but would love to get it removed, as I was promised by the CR (I know, I'm an idiot) that there would be no Hard Pull, and I very likely would not have approved the CLI attempt if it had been. (I was trying not to get any hardpulls on TU until December.)

Can the Underwriter's undo a Hard Pull? Is there an EO type office for Barclay's in the US? Should I just suck it up as a lesson learned?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Gib

23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay's HardPull when they said they wouldn't

They do have an EO in the US, you have to reach out to them on FB.

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.