cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Payment Not Posted

tag
SPINEDA

Barclaycard Payment Not Posted

I mailed a check in the amount of $1,919.55 to P.O. Box 13337, Philadelphia, PA 19101 on January 19, 2016.

As of today, February 14, 2016, the payment has not posted to my account. Barclaycard has opened a case to investigate the issue. I feel like I'm getting the runaround, and there is no sense of urgency in finding a resolution to get the payment posted to my account.

The check has cleared my bank account. My bank has provided me with copies of the front and back of the check, showing it was deposited into a Wells Fargo account owned by Barclaycard. I faxed this to Barclaycard.

I understand that faiilure to post payment is a violation of the Fair Credit Billing Act (FCBA).

I'm going to call Barclaycard again tomorrow. Who exactly should I ask to speak with? What should I say? I've been told that the Correspondence Team who is handling my case does not accept phone calls.

Thanks in advance.

-Salvador
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
iv
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclaycard Payment Not Posted

Did you send them a written notice?

Do you have available copies of all letters/emails?

Since you have a copy of the cleared check, your next step is the CFPB: https://help.consumerfinance.gov/app/creditcard/ask

(Just don't expect a response from either Barclay's or the CFPB tomorrow... Federal holiday.)

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The next step is to file a formal dispute under the FCBA for violation of the posting requirement of that statute.

The FCBA dispute process has teeth.  Check out the summary on the FTC web page.

I would first complete the FCBA dispute process and obtain resollution prior to pursing the credit reporting issue under the FCRA, for which you can file a complaint with the CFPB.  Resolution of the FCBA dispute should take care of the FCRA reporting issue.

Message 3 of 6
SPINEDA

iv:

Yes, I have provided Barclays with written notice, and I have retained all copies of the documentation. I will file a complaint with the CFPB. Thank you for the guidance. 

Message 4 of 6
SPINEDA

RobertEG:

Thank you for the response. I have just submitted a formal dispute through the FTC website. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you see your account number referenced on the check copy? I can see them responding that they couldn't link it to your account. 

GL

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.