Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays

tag
Warrior2000
Regular Contributor

Barclays

Is it true that they (Barclays) only pull TU? Also, I just applied for a mortgage so I have a recent HP, will an application to Barclays damage my credit or will it be clump together with the Lender HP since it happened a few days ago?

I was pre-approved for mortgage but my wif is still 11 points away. Just trying help my credit out by getting another tradeline, what do you think?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Barclays

@Warrior2000 wrote:
Is it true that they (Barclays) only pull TU? Also, I just applied for a mortgage so I have a recent HP, will an application to Barclays damage my credit or will it be clump together with the Lender HP since it happened a few days ago?

I was pre-approved for mortgage but my wif is still 11 points away. Just trying help my credit out by getting another tradeline, what do you think?

The HP would not be lumped together with your mtg hp.  It is widely suggested to not apply/modify your CR's within 6-9 mos of applying for a mtg.  If you are 'short' 11 points, you can lower your util and/or work on any baddies reporting by obtaining PFD's or GW for any lates.

Applying for and/or adding new TLs will only ding your score from the hp, lowered AAOA and open yourself up to UW issues with the new account reporting. 

Message 2 of 3
Warrior2000
Regular Contributor

Re: Barclays

That's what I needed! Thank you. This site is great!!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.