Established Contributor
so_confused

Re: Be aware of a new tactic CA are using to get you to pay old debts

That sounds pretty shaddy!
9/18/08 TU=707 EQ=706 EX=702
Valued Contributor
Boswd

Yes, I have been warning about this for quite sometime now.   That's way you have to be very carefull when you are holding out for a PFD, make sure you have enought money to cover the debt and just know when to say when.    CA's seem to suing at an alarming rate and one factor has to do with the latest changes in the BK laws.   so be carefull and if you have the money and you owe it just get rid of it albeit preferably with a PFD, but if they refuse to give you one, that doesn't mean the debt is going to go away.
Moderator Emeritus
HappyDays

Remember when dealing with a CA  you need to know the state laws where you live also. They are the ones that a CA must use to get a judgment. and they must file suit. They can not just add a judgement to your report!!!!
 The 7 year drop date starts with your first missed payment. A CA can not change that,although they migh try.
In my state Connecticut, a law suit can not be brought  by a CA after the (state) SOL. I can use the DOLA in order to get it dumped.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+