Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Berks problem.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Berks problem.

Berks just reaged my account and I don't know why.

I paid them in 2004/2005 and now my credit report says collection as of October 2007.

I have a report from September which shows it as paid. Is that all I should be sending in to Experian? Should I be bold enough to send in the receipt from the payment in hopes that it gets them to delete the account or should I leave the receipt out and hope it gets deleted on the reaging issue based on my credit report?

Wasn't sure if sending the receipt of payment would make them just reset me back to 2005 or not.

Trying to get this removed so I can get on with my life.

Message Edited by EddieX on 12-27-2007 04:55 PM
Message 1 of 53
52 REPLIES 52
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: Berks reaging problem.

Are you sure this was re-aged and not just a change in status?  Unfortunately they can change the status to anything that was correct... but this should not change the correct balance or DOLA/DOFD dates.

And unfortunately, a change in status to something derog can change scores even if everything else remains the same.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Account history was changed from Collection March 2005 to Collection October 2007.
This was paid in March of 2005.

My score tanked dropped because of this nonsense when I finally got it over 680 for the first time in 3 years.
Message 3 of 53
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Really it sounds like they just updated the account but I can't see what you are looking at.  

Are you saying this collection no longer shows as paid with a 0 balance and/or any dates related to SOL have changed?

I think no matter what the case, since it was a derog account I would GW letter them to aim for a total deletion first since this would be the best scenario.

If they are reporting incorrectly and have denied a GW removal, then I would take it to dispute and proceed from there.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 4 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOuldn't an update still use the same date of the collection which was March of 2005 and not October 2007. They changed the date and now it says collection as of October 2007.

Still says Paid and all that but in October they changed the collection date so now it looks like I had a collection on October which I didn't.

Can you scan pictures on here?

Either way, it looks more recent than it was.

I tried contacting them and they refuse to respond to letters and when I called and spoke with a manager, she cut me down and said they won't remove it. Even though I paid it in full.

Beginning to think I did something to someone in a past life or something...
Message 5 of 53
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Depends on exactly how they reported it and it can be confusing.  You can cut and paste it, get rid of the account number though and don't worry about reformating any graphics.

I don't disagree with you that no matter what this does rank on the suck-o-meter.
Message 6 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe this will help.
This is the current report.
Says collection as of October 2007 instead of March 2005.
Looks like the clock was reset for no reason unless I'm reading this wrong.

Paid,Closed/Collection account.

Date Opened:
12/2004
Type:
Collection
Credit Limit:
$475

Date of Status:
10/2007 Terms:
1 Months High Balance:
NA

Reported Since:
10/2007 Monthly Payment:
$0 Recent Balance:
NA

Last Reported Date:
10/2007 Responsibility:
Individual Recent Payment:
NA

Account History:
Collection as of Oct 2007
Message 7 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was thinking of putting this in the dispute

This account has been illegally reaged. I have reported this account several times and got no response. I am providing proof with a date so this can be removed from my reports. It is my report from September 18, 2007 which shows what the status was at the time as Paid and now on my current report it says Collection as of October 2007.

Am I right? Wrong? In between?

Didn't want to send the receipt from 2005 but figured it might help. But I assume it could also hurt.

Not sure on this one...
Message 8 of 53
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

OK the dates shown do not indicate if the account has actually been re-aged.  It does look like it is reporting incorrectly I totally agree... looks like the entire account was opened in October not just last updated then.  If it were me, I would check the dates.

This has happened to a few people lately on the boards where a company suddenly reports a paid closed account as continuing to be charged off.

In the chance you can get it removed instead of just properly updated, I'd go for any dispute reason you felt best because I think this is unethical on the cc co's part.  I don't think you need to send receipts... they know it's paid and it shows paid. 

Message 9 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

I changed the wording a bit and faxed it in with the September credit report to show the change. Hopefully I'll get an answer like tomorrow saying they deleted it...or they'll take 30 days to say I'm screwed for another 7 years.
Message 10 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.