cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy refuses to remove 30 day late! HELP!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Buy refuses to remove 30 day late! HELP!

I'm 23 and I've been building credit for 5 years. I was approved for my best buy card 3 and a half years ago and I've never been late on any of my cards. This is the first time it has happened.

According to best buy my payment was off by $10 last month causing them to report the 30 day late. I have since resolved any outstanding payments. I tried talking to them over the phone. I've tried chatting with a supervisor through their online chat platform. I submitted a dispute through CFPB website. All denied.

Today, mailed out two seperate good will letters to two separate departements and I'm hoping this will be it.

If this also fails, I will try to email any executive's email address I can find onlne and try that. CEO, CFO, COO honestly anyone who pops up. 

Although I am being a little annoying about this, this 30 day late has caused my credit score to fall a whopping 40 points! Mind you I've never been late before in the 3 years ive been with them and ive never been late with any other card. I am actually really upset that they will not budge and just flat out refuse to remove the inquiry. All they tell me is that it is accurate and they are not allowed to report inaccurate information. Bunch of bs.

What else can I do? I'm in the process of buying a home and this is terrible. Should I keep trying? should I call, email or mail out more gw letters? Are there any consequences to keep on trying to get it removed?

Best buy sucks and I will be cancelling the card once I pay off the balance.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Buy refuses to remove 30 day late! HELP!

you underpaid therefore Best Buy sucks?? 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

fi-fico-fum wrote:

Yeah they do. For $10. Like you've never been late with something before? 

You've never been late to a class or to work? On a bill or a loan? You mean to tell me your credit is perfect? No dings, no negatives?

Things happen, life happens. I'm sorry but many people get 30 day lates. Some are successful in removing them. Unfortunately this has been a major headache and I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm not asking for a million dollars, I'm asking for a one time removal of an inquiry on a report that only affects one party.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, it does seem kinda crappy on the banks part. Certainly not top notch customer service. I'd be a little miffed, too.

Message 4 of 8
EW800
Valued Contributor

You filed a CFPB complaint? I have to ask.... under what grounds?

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, it does seem kinda crappy on the banks part. Certainly not top notch customer service. I'd be a little miffed, too.

I agree!

I get it, creditors want their money and I definitely dont take this lightly, I take it very seriously. So for them to flat just say no, when the payment was off by a minimal margin and i've since cleared any outstanding payments, is a bit surprising to me, especially when I've been a good customer prior to this incident and on time.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@EW800 wrote:
You filed a CFPB complaint? I have to ask.... under what grounds?

Hey, I'm with you there but it has worked for other people so I thought I'd give it a try.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah they do. For $10. Like you've never been late with something before? 

You've never been late to a class or to work? On a bill or a loan? You mean to tell me your credit is perfect? No dings, no negatives?

Things happen, life happens. I'm sorry but many people get 30 day lates. Some are successful in removing them. Unfortunately this has been a major headache and I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm not asking for a million dollars, I'm asking for a one time removal of an inquiry on a report that only affects one party.

i get what you're saying, but is it best buy's fault you were late? 

and not that my credit has anything to do with your problem, but it's fine thanks. not always been like that, and i've certainly dealt with consequences. but the bottom line is it was my fault.

anyways, back on topic,  I don't think disputing this with the CFPB is going to get you anywhere since there was nothing to dispute. All you can do is keep doing what you've been doing, phone calls, emails, etc., and hopefully you can get it fixed.

Good luck!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.