Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Credit Monitering Subscription

tag
Erica1
Regular Contributor

Best Credit Monitering Subscription

There are SO many of these subscriptions, I was wondering if anyone here has tried multiple sites and had more success with one or liked the features of one more than others.  The 2 that I was looking at (seem the largest, maybe the best?) were TrueCredit and FreeCreditReport.com.  How do the 3 in 1 reports work?  Do you see every entry from each report?
While I like being able to see my score with ScoreWatch, I'd also like to be able to see my reports constantly.
Thanks.
2/22/13: TU-716, EX-702, 4/24: EQ-749
2/20/14: TU-695, EQ-671
Goal: mid-700's
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Best Credit Monitering Subscription

Erica1 wrote:
There are SO many of these subscriptions, I was wondering if anyone here has tried multiple sites and had more success with one or liked the features of one more than others.  The 2 that I was looking at (seem the largest, maybe the best?) were TrueCredit and FreeCreditReport.com.  How do the 3 in 1 reports work?  Do you see every entry from each report?
While I like being able to see my score with ScoreWatch, I'd also like to be able to see my reports constantly.
Thanks.

A credit monitoring service is important to have, plus you save $$$ by avoiding multiple, wasted pulls via MyFICO. A CMS makes it easier to see a change, through which you can pull your FICO report to see the score change.

Most of us are partial to TC. Cheaper and you can see more detail. I also have/had (DW/myself) freecreditreport. While relatively cheap, you can only pull EX and you have to pay for EQ and TU. I also use creditchecktotal (CCT) via EX. It is very expensive now and doesn't show as much detail as TC does. Plus they redesigned their site and it seems harder to navigate, IMO. Also have ID Protect via National City, but that is a redesigned version of TC and my links don't function well.

In short, you can't go wrong with TC. Just ignore the score and advice offered on their site.
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

TC is by far the best place to monitor your reports...you get to update...every 24 hours...and only $14.95/month...I have scorewatch...but I don't really like it...the alerts are SLOW...I plan on canceling soon...what most due...including myself is...monitor reports...with TC...and when there is a major change...we pull our reports from myFICO...there is NO other place...to get your TRUE FICOs...expcept myFICO...they are the best!!!...
Message 3 of 21
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I use Chase ID Protection and it's only $11.99 a month. Great layout, easy to read, just ignore the scores and comments on these reports.

I am a former TC subscriber but I like a million others was permanently banned.
Message 4 of 21
Erica1
Regular Contributor

Not to be nosy, but why would someone be banned from a credit monitoring service?  I only ask so as to make the best choice for me.  Don't want to pick one that I'll eventually end up eating the money on by being "permanently banned"...seems a little harsh no matter what the reason for the ban. 
2/22/13: TU-716, EX-702, 4/24: EQ-749
2/20/14: TU-695, EQ-671
Goal: mid-700's
Message 5 of 21
Donks3369
Established Contributor

Yeah, how do you get banned from a credit monitoring site?
Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I read you can get banned from updating your report too often.  Some people seem to have the problem and others don't.  Not sure there's any rhyme or reason.
Message 7 of 21
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Message 8 of 21
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Erica1 wrote:
Not to be nosy, but why would someone be banned from a credit monitoring service?  I only ask so as to make the best choice for me.  Don't want to pick one that I'll eventually end up eating the money on by being "permanently banned"...seems a little harsh no matter what the reason for the ban. 

Fused wasn't TC material.   Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW!!!!...I did not know that...this is RIDICULOUS...I saw one poster said they were pulling from Feb 2007...and their account was cancelled Aug 2007...I sstarted mine March 26, 2008..and have been pulling EVERY DAY since then...I  guess mine will be done in Sept...

Message Edited by slyhouse08 on 07-10-2008 12:16 PM
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.