Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Credit Monitering Subscription

tag
Erica1
Regular Contributor

Re: Best Credit Monitering Subscription

That is absolutely ridiculous.  If you were going over the "limit", the system should have stopped you from pulling so often, not banning you from the site.  Big business is big business, I guess.  Who cares what benefits the consumer if it doesn't benefit them...
2/22/13: TU-716, EX-702, 4/24: EQ-749
2/20/14: TU-695, EQ-671
Goal: mid-700's
Message 11 of 21
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Darn right it's ridiculous! I haven't heard of anyone getting banned from Chase ID Protection, so this is why I recommend it. Also, $11.99 a month is cheap, cheap, cheap.
Message 12 of 21
smoothjk
Contributor

Yikes, I subscribed to TrueCredit recently, and I thought the reports looked great. I guess I should be REALLY careful about pulling info too much, huh? Is this issue still not resolved? I thought it was an issue last year, but didn't think it'd still be a problem.
FICO (06/17/08): TU 691 - EQ 642 - EX 638 - Util 64%
FICO (07/23/08): TU 698 - EQ 653 - EX 644 - Util 50%
FICO (02/04/09): TU 694 - EQ 668 - EX 654 - Util 43%
FICO (05/18/09): TU 687 - EQ 675 - EX n/a - Util 39%
FICO (03/09/10): TU 666 - EQ: 691 - EX 644 - Util 54%
IDGuard (2/8/12): TU 690 - EQ: 710 - EX 710 - Util 72%
FICO (03/13/12): EQ: 696 (87% revolving to limits)
Message 13 of 21
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

smoothjk wrote:
Yikes, I subscribed to TrueCredit recently, and I thought the reports looked great. I guess I should be REALLY careful about pulling info too much, huh? Is this issue still not resolved? I thought it was an issue last year, but didn't think it'd still be a problem.

I haven't heard that it is still a problem. I pulled 6x per week every week since October without any lasting issues.
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got blocked from Chase.Smiley Mad On the phone with them right now.
Message 15 of 21
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

So...with chase do you get all 3 reports?  Every day?
Message Edited by BungalowMo on 06-03-2009 09:04 PM
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they terminate your account, I wouldn't pay them a single penny. They can't charge you $15 for credit monitoring with unlimited pulls, and then say "oh, you've used too many pulls, haha, we're taking your money." That's when it'd be chargeback time.

I use Equifax 3-in-1 Credit Watch, for what it's worth. It works for me since my Equifax report is the one I'm concerned about. 

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I was getting all 3, every day. Funny thing, I have been checking less often, usually once a week, and now they freeze me out. Their customer service rep claims this months fees will be credited back to my account, in 1-2 billing cycles.

Message 18 of 21
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Why did they freeze you out???
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 19 of 21
Centillionaire
New Visitor

Best Credit Monitoring Subscription

Which is the best credit monitoring system that I could use for bumpage?

USAA credit monitoring 
Amex Credit Secure Unlimited
EliminateIDtheft 
Equifax Complete advantage 
Smartcredit.com

Creditchecktotal.com

ScoreWatch

I have not pulled a credit report yet to know what my scores are however my goal is 850.  Should I purchase the Score Watch or FICO Score 3-Report View?  How do I join the my FICO fitness challenge?  Thank you all.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.