Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best and cheapest place to get credit report other than annualcreditreport.com

tag
MuddyGrimes
Valued Member

Best and cheapest place to get credit report other than annualcreditreport.com

I am not eligible for my free credit reports until march...

I am looking for something that will give me full information if possible and not just the XXXXd partial information.

Thanks so much!!

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Best and cheapest place to get credit report other than annualcreditreport.com

best place would be here.  of course, this is not the cheapest place, but you can find discount codes online!  Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 25
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Best and cheapest place to get credit report other than annualcreditreport.com

The best place to get your CR would be directly from the CRAs.  You can get all three reports at one site.  It will cost a bit more but it should have more information than the reports you would get here.

Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

How about truecredit.com for $14.95 per month? If you are just looking for reports, not scores. The fact that you can update daily is great.
Message 4 of 25
wmarat
Valued Contributor

1. Directly from CRA.

2. Myfico.com

3. Truecredit

4. PM 123

5. CreditCheckTotal

6. Chase ID Protect

7. Chase Identity Protect

8. Amex CreditSecure.

All above services are daily pullers. You pay for each pull if you pull directly from CRA. Myfico.com offers different services.

Citi Identity Monitor monthly puller

BOA service is quartal service.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 5 of 25
Goal810
Established Member

I am in the process of refinancing and so received all 3 scores. I check a free report through 1 of the three agencies every 4 months.

What is the cheapest way to periodically monitor what my scores are? 3 times/year would probably be enough for me.

Thanks!

Message 6 of 25
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Goal810 wrote:

I am in the process of refinancing and so received all 3 scores. I check a free report through 1 of the three agencies every 4 months.

What is the cheapest way to periodically monitor what my scores are? 3 times/year would probably be enough for me.

Thanks!

Virtually all of the sites out there offer scores, but nearly all of them are not FICO scores. They are non-FICO scores we call FAKOs. The only place you can get your EQ and TU FICO together without the help of a lender is myFICO. You can't buy your EX FICO from anywhere. There are other sources for your FICO, but not together from the same source.

Message 7 of 25
Goal810
Established Member

Virtually all of the sites out there offer scores, but nearly all of them are not FICO scores. They are non-FICO scores we call FAKOs. The only place you can get your EQ and TU FICO together without the help of a lender is myFICO. You can't buy your EX FICO from anywhere. There are other sources for your FICO, but not together from the same source.

None of the options look cheap: http://www.myfico.com/Products/Products.aspx

In order to get all 3 FICO scores, it looks like I have to buy the $50 package? I would want to check all 3 scores maybe 3 times/year. The $4.95/month FICO package would give me access to just 1 score, right?

Message 8 of 25
GregB
Valued Contributor

You can't get three "real" credit scores from anywhere. Any site that gives you a score from all three CRAs is selling you worthless FAKOs.

Message 9 of 25
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Goal810 wrote:

None of the options look cheap: http://www.myfico.com/Products/Products.aspx

In order to get all 3 FICO scores, it looks like I have to buy the $50 package? I would want to check all 3 scores maybe 3 times/year. The $4.95/month FICO package would give me access to just 1 score, right?

You cannot buy all 3 FICOs. Experian will not let you buy your EX FICO. Experian blocked consumer access to your EX FICO 3 years ago, but you can still get it with the help of the lender.

Be sure to read the product descriptions carefully. The $50 product is basically a prepaid plan for 3 FICO reports of your choosing between EQ and TU only. So, you can get all 3 EQ reports, all 3 TU reports or 2 of one and 1 of the other. You control when you want to pull. The reports are basically $20/each so you save $10 through this product. It also has some nifty feature on getting out of debt.

The $5/mo package is TU FICO Quarterly monitoring. It too is basically a pre-paid plan for your TU FICO report only. Your credit isn't monitored (though certain demogrpahic info is monitored frequently like name, address, SSN, and other items related to ID theft) but the product includes 4 TU FICO reports per year. You also get 20% discounts on future TU pulls and you save $20/yr of the cost of your reports, which isn't too bad. It's like buying 3 and getting one for free.

The list is VERY short for places to get your FICO scores:

Equifax-

Your can buy your EQ FICO from your lender, myFICO.com, or through www.equifax.com/myfico-products. If you have an account, you can also get it through M&T Bank at $2.99/mo (score only). If you are a member, you can also get your EQ FICO through Unitus Community Credit Union and Digital Credit Union for free once per month (no report). Finally, you can get your report and score for free through saveandinvest.org if you happen to be active duty military.

TransUnion-

You can buy your TU FICO from your lender or from myFICO.com. If you have a Wal-Mart CC, you can also get a newer version of your TU FICO for free each month (score only). And if you are a member of Partners First CU in KY, you can get your TU FICO and report for free semi-annually. Finally, if you are active duty military, you can get your TU FICO report for free.

Experian-

Experian blocked consumer access to your EX FICO score. YOu cannot buy it from anywhere without the help of a lender (and an inquiry). However, PA State Employee Credit Union (PSECU) offers a free EX FICO score each month on your checking statement if you happen to bank with them.

Outside of the above, there are some CUs that offer a complimentary review of your credit report and FICO score. Check with a CU near you to see if they offer that service. Some do and some do not.

All other scores from all other sources are not FICO scores and should be ignored. What many of us do to save $$$ is to subscribe to a credit monitoring service. We'll review out credit reports on a daily or week basis often and as we see changes to our TU or EQ reports, then we'll come back here and purchase a new report to see that score change. It's selective targeting a pull and saves money over blindly pulling and hoping for a change. Almost all of these credit monitoring services offer scores, but none are FICO scores and should be ignored. If a non FICO score increases, then it doesn't mean your FICO increased too. Often they can move in opposite directions and I've had the scores vary by as much as 225 points when compared the same day.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.