cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best place to get accurate picture of all 3 CB and Fico score?

tag
jarablue
Established Member

Best place to get accurate picture of all 3 CB and Fico score?

I have been using credit karma and relaized their vantage score really doesn't pain an accurate picture of my credit health. What I want to know is what is the best deal on getting all 3 credit reports plus my fico score? Or if you can point me to the best way to get the most accurate credit healh assesment possible.

My idea was to get all 3 credit reports then get my fico score and improve from that point on. Wipe every negative item on all 3 and then have my fico score in hand.

Is there a good hub to do this at online?

Thanks so much! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best place to get accurate picture of all 3 CB and Fico score?

@jarablue wrote:

I have been using credit karma and relaized their vantage score really doesn't pain an accurate picture of my credit health. What I want to know is what is the best deal on getting all 3 credit reports plus my fico score? Or if you can point me to the best way to get the most accurate credit healh assesment possible.

My idea was to get all 3 credit reports then get my fico score and improve from that point on. Wipe every negative item on all 3 and then have my fico score in hand.

Is there a good hub to do this at online?

Thanks so much! Smiley Happy

You can do it here on myFICO - along with getting other scores certain types of lenders commonly use. 

I also use creditchecktotal.com, an experian product. You can start with a $1 free trial, call to cancel because it's too expensive and you'll get it for $15 a month for a year.

Both of these are great tools. I'm using both - myFICO for the diverse score calculations available, CCT for the more frequent report pulls.

Message 2 of 13
jarablue
Established Member

If I do it here on myfico.com does the report hurt my credit score?

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jarablue wrote:

If I do it here on myfico.com does the report hurt my credit score?

Pulling your own report for review will never have a negative impact on your credit score.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian will soon have 3CB monitoring.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Where is this information from?

Message 6 of 13
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Yea where did you get this info? source?
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

They already do. It's called Credit Check Total.

Message 8 of 13
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@jarablue wrote:

Don't conflate FICO and accurate.  All scores are accurate but they are not all intended to mimic each other.  FICO doesn't have just one scoring model (see also the Understanding FICO Scoring subforum and its stickies) and they do not all evaluate report data the same or have the same scoring range.  Creditors use a number of different scoring models.  While most use a FICO model there are those that do not use FICO.

Credit Karma can certainly be a useful tool but you need to know how to use it.  If you're trying to determine your FICO 8's by looking at its VantageScore 3.0's then yer doin it wrong.  You cannot use a score generated by one model to determine a score generated by a different model.

You always need to consider both the scoring model & CRA when referencing scores.  You also need to consider the relevance of a given model/CRA combo to a specific creditor/product.  Only the model/CRA used in the creditor's decision will be relevant.

If you're looking for FICO 8's and reports, you can certainly use myFICO but be aware that it is a trigger based service and that it does not update on fixed intervals. If you must have fixed intervals then myFICO is the wrong tool for the job.  Consider a service like Credit Check Total which also offers FICO 8's and reports for all 3 of the major CRA's.

Don't overlook existing threads as a resource.  Scores, reports and monitoring services are a very common topic.  There are a ton of threads just on Credit Check Total, for example.

Instead of fixating on scores you should really focus on report data.  If you intend to repair, improve. build, etc then you'll need to be able to read your reports, idenitify the issues and work on addressing them.  Any scoring model uses the data in a report to genrate a score.  Good reports will lead to good scores regardless of model.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@darwin_wins wrote:
Yea where did you get this info? source?

They email about that they will increase my monthly due to 3 CB Monitoring in the future.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.