cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best svc to frequently check true FICO scores?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best svc to frequently check true FICO scores?

I know that I'll only be able to access my true EXP FICO score through a PSECU membership (here's hoping, in a few months...)

What about the other two? Is myFICO.com the best 'bang for your buck' in terms of accuracy/frequent access of true FICO scores? Or are there other monthly paid services out there that are reputable?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Best svc to frequently check true FICO scores?

For EQ, you can sign up with Digital Credit Union and get free FICO scores per month.

For TU, it would be best to get it here in myFICO.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can also get your EQ FICO through M&T Bank. You pay $2.99/mo for it, but you don't have any hoops to jump through to become a member. Just another option. For TU, I'm not aware of any, other than MyFico, which updates every 3 months.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

For TU, I'm not aware of any, other than MyFico, which updates every 3 months.

...Every three months? That's the fastest-updated service for accessing TU FICO? Argh!

Does it go Jan-March, April-july, Aug-Oct etc, or some other quarterly breakdown?

Message 4 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Per TU, you can get it for free each month if you have an HSBC-backed Sears card as they'll give it to you monthly, though the version is a bankcard-enhanced FICO. If you are a member of Partners First CU in KY you can get your TU FICO for free 2x/yr as part of a service they have (you might actually have to go into the branch).

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tk777777 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

...Every three months? That's the fastest-updated service for accessing TU FICO? Argh!

Does it go Jan-March, April-july, Aug-Oct etc, or some other quarterly breakdown?

Or, you can pay $19.95 whenever you want and pull it (sometimes lower with a discount code).

Message 6 of 13
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@tk777777 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's if you buy the TU Quarterly Monitoring. You can also buy your TU (or EQ) score separately as often as you like here: FICO Standard.

ETA: I'm a slow typist today!  Smiley Happy

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 7 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@tk777777 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

stanggt03 is referring to FICO® Quarterly Monitoring which is basically a pre-paid plan to get your TU FICO every 3 months. My DW uses it and comes in handy. Plus you get 20% off all future FICO pulls. If you don't want your TU FICO quarterly, you can pull it any time you want to via FICO® Standard.

Golly.....I am a slow typer.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tk777777 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I believe it gives you a report and score when you sign up, and then every 3 months after that date.  Maybe llecs or someone else who has been using it can verify that one?  You also get alerts when there are certain changes on your TU CR, and some fraud protection, I believe.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm currently a member. They give you your new FICO every three months. It does give you alerts, but seems to be extremely slow. I have inquiries from two weeks ago that it hasn't alerted me to.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.