cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best svc to frequently check true FICO scores?

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Best svc to frequently check true FICO scores?

@Anonymous wrote:

@tk777777 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

For TU, I'm not aware of any, other than MyFico, which updates every 3 months.

...Every three months? That's the fastest-updated service for accessing TU FICO? Argh!

Does it go Jan-March, April-july, Aug-Oct etc, or some other quarterly breakdown?

I believe it gives you a report and score when you sign up, and then every 3 months after that date.  Maybe llecs or someone else who has been using it can verify that one?  You also get alerts when there are certain changes on your TU CR, and some fraud protection, I believe.

When you sign up, you get a TU FICO report and score and in a box after you click into the service from your Account page, you'll see when you get your TU FICO next (3 months later). The report comes automatically and you'll get alerted to it via e-mail.

You do not get alerts like you would with SW, but you do get alerts to any changes to your identifying info like change in address, change in name, change in SSN, etc. You won't get alerted to inquiries, new accounts, balance changes, etc., like SW.  There are other benefits like the fraud protection, but knock on wood, DW doesn't need it. I ignore those extra features and keep the service for DW for the 20% off TU and EQ FICO reports (and the 4 included reports/yr).

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have been spending time with banker and loan officer at 2 different institutions. Guess what everyone...Both stated the banking world is beginning to ignore credit scores due to the inaccuracies and lack of their credibility!!! The financial world is more interested in simply obtaining just your credit report minus score report as they only want to see how you pay your bills. YEAH!!!! I have done everything possible and within the last 6 days my FICO score decreased 21 points, no reason given...I am finished paying to see my credit score! This is a huge move on the part of the financial industry. Bye bye to credit scoring!
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@llecs wrote:
When you sign up, you get a TU FICO report and score and in a box after you click into the service from your Account page, you'll see when you get your TU FICO next (3 months later). The report comes automatically and you'll get alerted to it via e-mail.

You do not get alerts like you would with SW, but you do get alerts to any changes to your identifying info like change in address, change in name, change in SSN, etc. You won't get alerted to inquiries, new accounts, balance changes, etc., like SW.  There are other benefits like the fraud protection, but knock on wood, DW doesn't need it. I ignore those extra features and keep the service for DW for the 20% off TU and EQ FICO reports (and the 4 included reports/yr).

Good thinking!

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.