cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to track credit scores monthly...

tag
ttrations
Valued Member

Best way to track credit scores monthly...

What is the best way to track my monthly credit scores? I have paid for the scores in the past but want to know if there is one place to pay for scores or what place do you all get your scores from?
In the garden until Dec 2014
Latoshia_gray@yahoo.com
Current: TU 621, EQ 564, EX 630
Goal: 670 across the board
Wallet: Cap 1 secured and unsecured, USAA AMEX secured, NFCU secured MC, Walmart, JCP, Kohl's, Victoria's Secret, Barclays
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ptilda
Established Contributor

Re: Best way to track credit scores monthly...

Yes! I have FICO on my Walmart card account, and credit.com, but would like a place to see them all, even if it costs a little.

My Wallet:Fidelity Amex $1K, DCU $3.9K, US Bank AeroMexico $300, Quicksilver $1.3K, Cap1 secured MC $750, DiscoverIT $200, Care Credit $5K, Sportsman Guide Visa $3K, Kay $3K, Jared $3K,American Airlines CC $3K, Amazon $2.9k, Walmart $2.2k, Macy's $800 revolving/$5k furniture, Comenity retail cards $5.55kStarting Score: 618Current Score: 711
Message 2 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

There really isn't an all in one place to track your FICO's for what I consider to be a reasonable cost.

Speaking as a consumer, what I typically do is simply focus on the report: the data is what's important, and a tasty report will be a tasty report regardless of FICO version or industry option used: consider those to be flavors for said tasty report.

I do keep track of my FICO through a pair of credit cards (DCU / Walmart in my case) and that gives me a pretty good general idea of how much up or how much down certain actions take, but I've generally found the conventional wisdom here to be pretty much spot on for optimizing my report, so I don't worry too much about the individual scores other than as random benchmarks... until I can find a similar method for obtaining an EX score, I generally just pull my reports/scores once a year from here unless I have a big ticket purchase coming up.

This is doubly true since there's no guaruntee that a lender will use a given score and as a result you may be off substantially.  Other than a mortgage where ithe EQ Beacon 5.0 score sold here at myFICO and if you can find it directly from Equifax, is the gold standard.  Everything else is sort of luck and coincidence if a lender uses the same score as you happen to know, unfortunately.  

I have hopes that'll change in the future but I'm not holding my breath.

My theory anyway.

        
Message 3 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@ttrations wrote:
What is the best way to track my monthly credit scores? I have paid for the scores in the past but want to know if there is one place to pay for scores or what place do you all get your scores from?

If you want one place for all of your FICO scores it's here at myFICO but, as Revelate states, it's not really cost effective at $19.95 each time.

I'd second the recommendation to track changes to your reports.  There are plenty of CMS's to choose from that you can use.  Take a look at the CMS thread.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.