Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better late than never, right???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: past due record/incrcease score

jianne wrote:
Hi! this is my first time to join the forum,and i desperately needed to know some thins about credit history or records.I have a negative record now that says 30 days past due for $30, it did affect my score,plus i had 4 inquiries in the last 3 months which only 2 i am aware of.My credit score has greatly dropped in experian,i just checked today, from 689 3 months ago to 594.It shows that the factors that hurts my score is the,not long enough credit history, new account opened, recent inquiries,that past due and high revolving amount.I am so worried because we are going to buy a house and the closing might me in Nov.Is it possible that i can raise this score up in the next 3 months by just paying off the revolving acct? Thanks a lot to those who can give me light on this, i dont really know much about credit history/building since i am immigrant here for just 21/2 yrs.

Jianne,
You might be better served if you start a new thread with your questions. Start off by reading this thread.....

Message Edited by Lori344 on 07-27-2007 09:34 PM
Message 11 of 18
ctjulie
Valued Member

Re: Better late than never, right???

Last question of the evening Smiley Happy

Reading the posts on this site, seems like accounts that have been charged off are pretty much a lost cause. I'm not sure what I should do, being that if they last on my Credit Report for 7 years...the ones that have been charged off will remain until 2012!!!!! Please tell me someone was able to clear their charged off account...pplleeassee let me know that there's still hope for me Smiley Tongue
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ct,  What state are you in & what is your SOL?

Keep in mind that any payment made might start the clock ticking again .

MBNA/(now BOA)- Date opened 12/01
        try a GW in writting. Wait 30 days & send another keep this account current.

AMEX- Date opened 2/03. Date of last payment 5/01.
        is this in collections??? DATE doesn't look right unless it went to collections 2/03.
        IF the DOFD is 5/01   it will drop in 2008
        IF it went to collect. 2/03   the DOFD still stands
KNOW your SOL on this.
IF your SOL is past and IF DOFD is 5/01  then send a DV--- CMRRR  wait 30 days DO NOT talk on phone!

Citi (why did I open 2 Citi cards?!)- Opened 5/00. Date of last payment- 5/03.
            You need to know if the last pmt date is correct 5/03  as this starts the clock 7 year CR.
use TUCAINI thread

It looks like you will be dealing with the OC

J.Crew- Date opened 11/99.
   try a GW letter      in my opinion phone calls do not work. Wait 30 days & then send another GW

Do not take what I said as set in gold! I am also new  but i think what i posted as correct.

crap my elect keeps going off.

CT  look at you PM messages

Message Edited by HappyDays on 07-28-2007 11:15 AM

Message Edited by HappyDays on 07-28-2007 12:01 PM

Message Edited by HappyDays on 07-28-2007 12:16 PM
Message 13 of 18
ctjulie
Valued Member

I guess I will discuss one credit card at a time Smiley Happy
So the first one I decided to work on was my Citi Card.
Figure I'd start with the little issues...sorta like a confidence builder.

This is what Citi is listed on the three different credit reports:

Transunion- Citibank CBSD NA
Pay status- Payment after Charge off/ Collection
Date Open- 5/2000
DateClosed- 11/2003
Date Paid- 12/2003
Credit Limit- $1800
Remarks- Account closed by consumer
Estimated date that this item will be removed 2010

Equifax- Citibank
Date Open- 5/2000
Date reported- 2/2004
Months reviewed- 45
Activity description- Paid and closed
Comments- Account closed at consumers request, Paid collection.
Sept. 2003- 60 days
Oct. 2003- 90 days
All other months good.

Experian- Citi
Date Open- 5/2000
Reported Since- 11/2003
Date of Status- 12/2003
Last reported- 2/2004
Your statement- Account closed at consumer's request.
Account history- Collection as of Nov. 2003.

That's what the three credit reports say.  Now only if everything else was this "easy"...all the other accounts...OMG!  They are SO MUCH WORSE!  Should I be working on the REALLY bad accounts first???

Thanks again everyone!!!

Ps.  to figure out my SOL, do I go with NY (where debt was incurred) or CT (where I live now)?
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG  you mean to tell me that im not the only person in Ct. that isn't a millionair????  rofllll
 I THINK  that NY is the same SOL as CT. 6 years. This only deals with a law suit being filed & getting a judgment.  I also think that if you were going to be suied it would be in Ct. (usually)

Your collections are new but as to CITI  is is paid & all CRAs should show this. It might not make a big impack on scores but it will if a creditor really takes a look.

My yuckies were past SOL  but this is what I did.

I disputed all 3 CRAs at same time BUT you might find that some baddies are not listed on all soooo

Start with 1 CRA   I matched all CCC with CA  if I could
then I disputed all as not mine  I did this because I wasn't sure if they were mine

I repeted at other 2 CRas

I disputed all collections as not mine & CA  as not mine

I got back CR....all CCC dropped. ( not sure but I ws told that many CCC do not keep files after approx 2 years)  but do not take that to the bank!!

The CA came back as updated      I have sent CMRRR  DV  to them.
You need as much info. that the CRAs have for you.  They have drop off dates!!!!

FOR YOU:

TU and EQ   both show  closed & PAID     try GW letter  if it doesn't work  wait maybe 30 - 60  days & send another.
EX       inacurate  reporting.     you want it to at least show  PAID 

Any account that you paid  you want it to show.  it will hurt scores  but not as much as times goes on.

Message 15 of 18
ctjulie
Valued Member

So I should contact the credit agencies(Exp,Equi and TU) and NOT contact Citibank, correct?
Sorry...still trying to get a hold on all tlhe abbreviations. 

Oh...another thing...I'm thinking Citibank is the least of my worries b/c I just discovered something horrible.  I might have two Chase cards on my reports...and I only recall having one Chase card!!!  AAGGHHH!!!! Smiley Sad 
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase   always check the account #  for double reporting.

Dispute with CRA  for not accurate  on citi    only the CRA ( credit B ) that does not say PAID

Message Edited by HappyDays on 07-30-2007 11:06 PM
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

as for the Chase on Public record.....it means that they gor a court ordr for a judgment & is handled different.

Look at credit report for info.  date issued

You need someone else to help you on that  Im not sure how you handle it.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.