cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beyond pissed off at CSC! They haven't started an investigation from 2 weeks ago!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Beyond pissed off at CSC! They haven't started an investigation from 2 weeks ago!

I fax my disputes in.  That way I have confirmation that they received it.
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Beyond pissed off at CSC! They haven't started an investigation from 2 weeks ago!

sunmaiden wrote:
I fax my disputes in.  That way I have confirmation that they received it.

If it ever went to court, maybe yes or maybe no. But if you're using a fax number that's working stick with it.

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I aways get confirmation that the fax went thru.  The number is printed on the paper that is sent thru.   Plus I have a special csr at CSC that I call and ask for by name  and she even called me back at home one day.
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Judge may or may not accept it. CMRRR has been around for a while and is accepted. I think if you ever bump into obstinacy outta CSC, follow up the fax with a CMRRR and prepond your evidence.

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well thankfully I haven't had too much of a problem with CSC.   I'm know CMRR is better but I'm trying to prepare for a mortage soon and time is of the essence.
Message 15 of 19
sl
Established Contributor

Here is one for the CSC books that I had yesterday and documented the conversation and was very upset when I hung up.

Back in May I disputed three issues on my CR I pulled from Myfico.com. The hard inquiry from AT&T got deleted. Midland Credit now shows twice on my report and I disputed Benchmark furniture as showing twice. I had not heard anything in awhile and last week I got a score alert that two accounts had changed.

Midlaned is there twice and Dillards which I did not dispute got deleted. I called CSC yesterday and spoke with a supervisor. She said it will take another re-investigation for Midland (3rd one I put in) and I have to wait 45 days because at one time I pulled my CB from annualcredit.com and apparently if you pull from them and dispute it is 45 days even though you are not disputing on that CR. Arg!!!

This is the best part. I asked if she had the documentation I sent on my disputes from May 9th and she did. I asked why they showed Dillards as disputed when I did not dispute that I disbuted Benchmark. She said apparently they got confused on which account it was and took an educated guess and did the wrong one. I was livid and said that is soo wrong and she said you have to understand mistake happen. I told her that I recorded the conversation (which I did) and I was taking the tape to my attorney because they were making educated guesses which my life without consulting me. She got very quiet. She said that they should have contacted me and I said what they should have and what they did are two different things.

Need some advice....should I pursue this further as whenever I dispute a legal item they screw my report up more. I am intrested in any feedback people can offer.
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is just my advice and not legal opinion.   I don't think you have enough yet for legal proceedings.  Because CSC can always claim bonfi error and a they can argue that you need to give them a chance to fix it.   I know it's not fair but just saying that's how some might look at it.     Did you keep a copy of the dispute letter to CSC?  if so hold on to it forever.   I think there are several things you can do.

1. Contact Dillards and explain what happened.   There is a chance that Dillards tradeline will be put back on when Dillards run their monthly tapes.  If not ask them if they could report the tl to the CRAs.  

2.    Dispute the duplicate to Midland.   They must report the dispute to the CRAs and if they don't then you have Midland on violations.   If they do vertify the info as good to the CRAs and the account is exactly the same, (any and all info) then they must send you info backing up the duplicate, if not you have Midland on violations.   Be careful with Midland, they are know to royally screw with peoples credit reports by selling tls and reporting duplicates.  Go over the duplicates on the report with a fine-tooth comb.  Check everything.   If this is a postive tradeline see more iinfo on #3

3.   For Benmark, do the same thing as you do for Midland.   Now if Benmark is a postive tradeline (revolving account) and it is not a finance company, You may want to leave it alone.   Because a duplicate postive revolving account never hurt anyone and disputing it might just get both the orginal and the duplicate deleted.

4.   Dispute everything again with CSC and wait.   If things don't improve, then you have alot more legal ground to stand on.

Remember..  If an account is deleted you will lose age and points might go down especially if the baddies on that tl are old,  (late payments  etc..)

Personally I would do all of the above so that all my bases are covered.

Once again this is just my opinion.

Good luck!!   I'll be rooting for you.

P.S.  The reason I said if the duplicates are revolving charge and not a finance accouont is because the credit limit on the duplicates will help your utlization.   (I know, because it is happening to me)

Message Edited by sunmaiden on 07-11-2007 06:38 AM
Message 17 of 19
sl
Established Contributor

Hi Sunmaiden,

Thanks for responding.

I contacted Dillards and they are going to check into what happened and if was deleted incorrectly, they will put it back on.  That is a good card.  I have a CL $5500 with then and only $150.00 balance so I need that one.

Midland is a pain - I have worked with them before and looks like I will be calling them today.  I need to find a good phone number for them and then give them a call.  I beleive they are in San Diego, CA.

The two accounts for Bencharmark have lates on them.  One has two 30 day lates and the other has one 30 day late.  That account had a CR of $3000 but was closed in January as GE is no longer servicing that store.  The balance is 0 on both accounts but does not play into utilization.

I just get so fed up with dealing with these people, they claim to be playing GOD and really screw you and think it is funny.  No accountability for them.

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can call Midland but I would write them also and send it CMRR. If you are in a consumer friendly state, look at the state laws.   Too bad Midland isn't in Texas, Texas is very consumer friendly.

BTW, CSC has to abide by Texas state laws.   Read them......
Message Edited by sunmaiden on 07-11-2007 07:27 AM

Message Edited by sunmaiden on 07-11-2007 07:28 AM
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.