Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big Boost after becoming an AU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Big Boost after becoming an AU

My wife added me to her BoA AA Sig card last week with a CL of $7500, I believe the card is 5 or 6 years old. The statement cut on the 20th so I thought it could take some time to report but to my surprise I got a notice this morning that my Experian score jumped 19 points.

Excited to see what it does to my others.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Berk
Established Contributor

Re: Big Boost after becoming an AU

Yep, as long as the primary card holder has great credit you get to reap some great benefits.

Message 2 of 14
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

It's not the primary's credit that matters but the tradeline itself.  The AU and primary's credit are not merged.  The tradeline just reports for the AU -- for those that do report for AU's.  No impact if the tradeline doesn't report for the AU or if a reported tradeline is disregarded by model or creditor.

@Anonymous wrote:

The statement cut on the 20th so I thought it could take some time to report but to my surprise I got a notice this morning that my Experian score jumped 19 points.

Verify by checking your reports and not just by looking at score.  19 points is just under the threshold I'd recommend for those fixating on the numbers.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@takeshi74 wrote:

It's not the primary's credit that matters but the tradeline itself.  The AU and primary's credit are not merged.  The tradeline just reports for the AU -- for those that do report for AU's.  No impact if the tradeline doesn't report for the AU or if a reported tradeline is disregarded by model or creditor.

@Anonymous wrote:

The statement cut on the 20th so I thought it could take some time to report but to my surprise I got a notice this morning that my Experian score jumped 19 points.

Verify by checking your reports and not just by looking at score.  19 points is just under the threshold I'd recommend for those fixating on the numbers.

It reported on my Experian and bumped my "myFICO" score, CK also has it reporting with Equifax but I don't care what their scores say. 

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU got a 16 point bump this weekend after the new tradeline started reporting

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

So CK shows the card reporting from Equifax on 5/26 but MyFICO has yet to update my Equifax score?

Any quick answers to why this might be?

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its a util drop as well. If your total available credit just got a 10% or more boost that's the increase.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Err

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Its a util drop as well. If your total available credit just got a 10% or more boost that's the increase.

My total utilization actually went up from 1% to 4% but my total CL basically doubled.

Message 9 of 14
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

True. But if the primary cardholder stops making payments on the card, the AU is also screwed.

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.