Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big difference in scores among 3 different credit sites

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Big difference in scores among 3 different credit sites

Ive been using CK for a couple of years now and just signed up for CCT and then the other day paid $1 for the 7 day trial on TU's website.

My scores for TU are as follows on all 3 sites: CK - 521, CCT - 533 and on the actual TU website it is 616.

Very confused as to where my actual score falls... should I err on the side of the TU and think its very accurate or should I think its closer to the low 500's from the other 2 sites???? 

Also on CK my EQ is 561 and on CCT its 583.  Again not sure where I actually stand here, although this one isnt that big of a difference.  

Anyone out there with any insight for me about this.  Or does anyone no of another site that is very accurate to what my actual scores are that the CC isuers see???

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
J91605
Frequent Contributor

Re: Big difference in scores among 3 different credit sites

CCT is you true score the other 2 are FAKO. Even the TU I believe from what I  read .

Starting Score: 6/30/15 EQ 554 TU 534 EX 608
Current Score: EQ 630 TU 635 EX 653
Goal Score: 680 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really???? So my TU scroe from TU is actually FAKO.  WOW.

Message 3 of 11
J91605
Frequent Contributor

CCT and myfico are the only places I know to get all three true FICO score. There  may be others, but I don't of any. My advice keep CCT and drop TU.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax and TU are for 'educational purposes and not what the lender sees in most cases' it can be read somewhere around there on the fine print of the website. Last time I had TU a few months ago it was scored out of 990. Actual scores are out of 850. I had equifax up until a month ago, I was so mad/happy when I found out it was educational. It was at like 560. And I needed it to 680 to refinance my car 

Message 5 of 11
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

What about identity guard. I recently signed up for $10 per month thru Costco.  How does that site compare to My Fico. 

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@J91605 wrote:

CCT and myfico are the only places I know to get all three true FICO score. There  may be others, but I don't of any. My advice keep CCT and drop TU.

Oh for sure, I am canceling the 7 day TU trial, I just wanted to see what my score was on there.

Message 7 of 11
J91605
Frequent Contributor

I had identity guard till a few days ago. It is a good site and I liked there simulator. But it is a FAKO also. The scores were closer to my FICO scores but still not real.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

CCT and MYFico are legit, transunion is a vantage score it starts at 501-990. 

Message 9 of 11
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Very confused as to where my actual score falls... 

There's no such thing.  Most creditors use a FICO model for their credit decisions.  However, even with FICO there are a number of different models used by creditors so you don't have just one score.  See also the Understanding FICO Scoring subforum and its stickies.  The closest thing to "actual score" will be whatever model and CRA a given creditor pulls for you.  FICO 8 is used a lot but even it doesn't mean much if a creditor is going to use a different FICO model.  You cannot rely on a score generated by one model to determine a score generated by another model.  Always consider the model and the CRA.  The date a score was generated can have an impact as well if data has changed over time.

@Anonymous wrote:

Or does anyone no of another site that is very accurate to what my actual scores are that the CC isuers see???

All scores are accurate but only for their own models.  Instead of assuming that one score us universally accurate, think of it as the relevance of a scoring model.  If a creditor uses a FICO 8 based on TU then a FICO 8 based on TU will be  accurate (again, depending on dates/data).  A FICO 8 based on EX will not.  A FICO NextGen based on EQ will not.

CK is accurate but it's only relevant if a creditor uses VantageScores 3.0 and TU or EQ.  Allegedly some creditors use VantageScores but I have yet to find anything that clearly indicates which creditors do so.

CCT will be accurate for any creditor that uses FICO 8.

Definitely read the fine print on the sites that you get scores from.  Most will indicate what model(s) they're providing.  If not, see if there's an existing discussion here as scores and models are a very common topic.

@Anonymous wrote:

Equifax and TU are for 'educational purposes and not what the lender sees in most cases' 

Depends on product with Equifax.  Equifax does have products that include a FICO.  See the bottom of this page.  The ones in the middle come with an Equifax score.

http://www.equifax.com/all-products/

@morgacj2004 wrote:

What about identity guard.

For any offering, check the site.

*The scores you receive with Identity Guard® are provided for educational purposes
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.