Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Binding Arbitration

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Binding Arbitration

I am curious what folks think about the large number of creditors / CA / Lawfirms sending out Binding Abritration demands to customers.

I would like to know how folks have handle these types of issues and whether they have had any success.

I assume the abitration is just awarded to the creditor 99% of the time.

Has anyone been in this situation and how have they dealt with it.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Binding Arbitration

more like 100%
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is a binding arbitration?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Binding Arbitration is the fine little print you never read when you setup a credit card account.
Search the web for this article:

Credit Card Binding Arbitration: When Ignorance Isn’t Bliss

From what I have read, if you have a collector who knows there is binding arbitration, they simply skip all interaction with you once you try DV, etc.  They get favorable rulings as easy as blowing your nose into a tissue.  You then, not only owe the debt., but the legal fees of the process along with all sorts of other wonderful things.

Eventually they have to then seek judgement in your state court for the debt, and from what I have been reading lately, judges in state courts are playing nice with this too more often than not.

The biggest issue is that a company could go to binding arbitration on debt you legitimately don't owe and get an award and then you have to defend yourself in court later on.

I don't know of a good tactic to block the arbitration process, and would love to hear from more experienced members who have actually dealt with this.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.