Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitten by the AMEX Luv Bug!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bitten by the AMEX Luv Bug!

Hi Everyone! I received my AMEX Starwoods Preferred card yesterday with a $10,000 limit. As soon as I registered and activated it I hit the 'LUV' button and requested a $5000 credit limit increase. My limit on my new card is now $15,000!
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
2anewu
Regular Contributor

Re: Bitten by the AMEX Luv Bug!

That is great!!! Do they also require ex and upper 600 scores? I can not wait to be bitten by the luv bug Smiley Very Happy
Message 2 of 31
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Very nice. Good luck.
Message 3 of 31
fused
Moderator Emeritus

2anewu wrote:
That is great!!! Do they also require ex and upper 600 scores? I can not wait to be bitten by the luv bug Smiley Very Happy

Amex will most likely pull EX but EQ is possible.  For the Delta and Starwoods cards, many posters have been reporting approval with scores in the low 600's, some even below 600.  Things seem to be changing at Amex.
Message 4 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

sunkysd wrote:
Hi Everyone! I received my AMEX Starwoods Preferred card yesterday with a $10,000 limit. As soon as I registered and activated it I hit the 'LUV' button and requested a $5000 credit limit increase. My limit on my new card is now $15,000!

You shouldn't post that on this board. 
Message 5 of 31
fused
Moderator Emeritus

crocpa wrote:

sunkysd wrote:

You shouldn't post that on this board. 

Why not?
Message 6 of 31
smallfry
Senior Contributor

AMEX pulled all three reports on me before declining me for BK. Now I don't know if they were busting my chops or looking for a reason to give me a card. The EX inquiry is on there for 25 months.
Message 7 of 31
2anewu
Regular Contributor

Smallfry, why is the inq on for 25 months?
Message 8 of 31
Bruiser
Regular Contributor

I have a 642 Experian,..but got denied due to a BK.
I've heard from others that people have gotten approved due to a bk,...but the computer said no, a supervisor said no, and i wrote a letter waiting for a response.
I didn't even have an Amex on my BK!

they're BK nazis!

Message Edited by Bruiser on 06-24-2007 02:51 PM
BK 7 Filed: 08/07/15
BK 7 Discharged: 11/04/15
Discharge Scores: Equifax (572) - TransUnion (586) - Experian (511)
Goal: 700+
Credit Cards: NFCU nRewards ($500) - CapOne Platinum ($300) - CapOne QuicksilverOne Rewards ($300) - Victoria's Secret ($250) - Firestone ($1200)
Auto Loan: NFCU ($34.6K @ 7.7%)
Message 9 of 31
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@2anewu wrote:
Smallfry, why is the inq on for 25 months?

EX keeps inquiries on the reports for 25 months. EQ and TU 24 months. FICO still only counts 12 months for scoring.
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.