Re: Bitten by the AMEX Luv Bug!

[ Edited ]

Message Edited by crocpa on 06-24-2007 03:15 PM
Regular Contributor

crocpa wrote:
This board is monitored.

i know this,...and?
i can't say darn? or fico? in the same sentence?

i love fico, i just noticed that i have an inq from over 2+ years ago listed
Established Contributor

To funny.......brusier
9/18/08 TU=707 EQ=706 EX=702
Super Contributor

Bruiser wrote:

crocpa wrote:
This board is monitored.

i know this,...and?
i can't say darn? or fico? in the same sentence?

i love fico, i just noticed that i have an inq from over 2+ years ago listed

All boards are monitored, it is just that standards and requirements vary Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Senior Contributor

crocpa wrote:

sunkysd wrote:
Hi Everyone! I received my AMEX Starwoods Preferred card yesterday with a $10,000 limit. As soon as I registered and activated it I hit the 'LUV' button and requested a $5000 credit limit increase. My limit on my new card is now $15,000!

You shouldn't post that on this board. 

LUV button is OK on MyFico. Although some will chastise about invoking an FR--same as over on CIC. Smiley Very Happy
Established Member

Noah_Bodie wrote:

crocpa wrote:

sunkysd wrote:
Hi Everyone! I received my AMEX Starwoods Preferred card yesterday with a $10,000 limit. As soon as I registered and activated it I hit the 'LUV' button and requested a $5000 credit limit increase. My limit on my new card is now $15,000!

You shouldn't post that on this board. 

LUV button is OK on MyFico. Although some will chastise about invoking an FR--same as over on CIC. Smiley Very Happy

YES EXACTLY!  Pushing the luv button too often is the #1 cause of an F/R with Amex members.  I have heard of very few cases involving an Amex charge card holder going through an F/R.
Senior Contributor

Calamity wrote:

YES EXACTLY!  Pushing the luv button too often is the #1 cause of an F/R with Amex members.  I have heard of very few cases involving an Amex charge card holder going through an F/R.

The FRs I've heard about involved multiple AMEX CCs, and a total CL of $30K or more.

Contributor

Yes, when I applied my Exp credit score was 671. I have 1 charge off (Cap 1) just settled last month but it's 4 years old. 1 paid medical collection (last year). 1 old 30, 60, 90 days late in 2001(another cap 1), 1 old 30 day late in 2002 (First Premier) and 20 EXP inq. since Jan of this year.
Contributor

I'm not at all concerned about a F/R. I was 100% honest on my applications for my AMEX Gold and my AMEX Starwoods. They're more than welcome to do a F/R if the so choose.
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.