Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Market Alert

tag
Indycoltsfan
Regular Contributor

Black Market Alert

Received an alert last night from myfico stating my information was found on a black market website.  Has anyone ever received this and it seems like it may be a good idea to freeze my credit reports?  Any advice or insight is greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Black Market Alert

@Indycoltsfan wrote:

Received an alert last night from myfico stating my information was found on a black market website.  Has anyone ever received this and it seems like it may be a good idea to freeze my credit reports?  Any advice or insight is greatly appreciated.

There have been other people here that have received those alerts.  I'd definitely change all passwords for any accounts and considere freezing your credit reports.

Message 2 of 4
Berk
Established Contributor

I have gotten two from Life Lock in the past 3 months or so. Both connected to major data breaches. I just go ahead and change the passwords for the accounts affected - in my case social media. Neither one had anything to do with ffinancials so I wan't really worried about it.

Message 3 of 4
Indycoltsfan
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the responses - it's scary since I am out of the country.  I will definitely start changing passwords!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.