Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blockbuster

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Blockbuster

I haven't checked my TU in a while so I decided to check and what do I see on my TU...A collection from Blockbuster for $57.  I know I do not have any outstanding movies...I may have had a late movie but never recieved anything about it since I have not rented from them in over a year.  I was wonder how should I go about disputing this or getting this removed from my flawless credit over the past 5 years...Does anyone have any success with getting this removed with a payment which I am more than happy to do..Which way would you go about doing so...Also does anyone know the address or number to this CA...Credit Protection Association..your help is appredciated FICO family..
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Blockbuster

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I checked my CR but I do not see any address this all it shows:

Collection agency Crd Prt Asso

Original balance $126

Current balance $57

Status Collection account

Date assigned Jun 30, 2009

Date reported Jan 23, 2010

Date last active Not Reported

Date paid Not Reported

Date closed Not Reported

Original lender 01 Blockbuster 022

Account number XXXXXX6699

Type of account Not Reported

Account holder Individual

Type of credit Not Reported

Payment status Not Reported

Largest past balance Not Reported

Amount past due Not Reported

Account descriptions Not Reported

Message 3 of 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I had them on my CR also for something small.  It was not mine either.

I will see if I can find their address.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool, I have been searching for like 3 hours now...very disturbing..it only shows on TU but not on EQ...I just need to get their address ...I don't mind paying it to be removed..Also, what did you do about getting it removed??? I really appreciate the help!
Message 5 of 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

CPA

PO Box 802068

Dallas, TX 75380

972-991-3171

I did not pay it.  By the time I found out it was there it only had a few months to fall off.

Send them a PFD.  If they agree, get it in writing on their letterhead, with a signature.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok..I have never done this but I wanted to know the procedure of doing so...I have done some research on PFD. I came up with this letter. I do not know the full account number so is that small amount of the number verifiable?

February 14, 2010:

Re: Account Number XXXXX6699

Dear Collection Manager:
This letter is in response to your credit report entry on January 23, 2010 related to the debt listed above. I wish to save us both some time and effort by settling this debt.Please be aware that this is not an acknowledgment or acceptance of the debt, as I have not received any verification of the debt. Nor is this a promise to pay and is not a payment agreement unless you provide a response as detailed below.I am aware that your company has the ability to report this debt to the credit bureaus as you deem necessary. Furthermore, you have the ability to change the listing since you are the information furnisher.I am willing to pay the debt of $57.00 in return for your agreement to remove all information regarding this debt from the credit reporting agencies within ten calendar days of payment. If you agree to the terms, I will send certified payment in the amount of $57.00 payable to Credit Protection Association in exchange to have all information related to this debt removed from all of my credit files.If you accept this offer, you also agree not to discuss the offer with any third-party, excluding the original creditor. If you accept the offer, please prepare a letter on your company letterhead agreeing to the terms. This letter should be signed by an authorized agent of Credit Protection Association. The letter will be treated as a contract and subject to the laws of my state.As granted by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, I have the right to dispute this alleged debt. If I do not receive your postmarked response within 15 days, I will withdraw the offer and request full verification of this debt.

Please forward your agreement to the address listed above.

Message 7 of 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

That is a good letter.

If you got your CR directly from one of the CRAs, the account number should be listed in full.

You can get a free copy here https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!!! You were a great help, I went to TU website and found out the full account number and the address!!! I will send off the letter on Monday...If they don't respond what is the procedure afterwards? I just want to have all my ducks in line!!! Thanks!!
Message 9 of 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

There is nothing that says a CA or an OC have to honor a PFD.  If they don't, find someone else to send it too.  Keep pestering them.

You could also send a DV letter, make them prove you owe it.

I have read good and bad things about CPA so you have a 50/50 chance.

And by the way, Monday is a Federal holidaySmiley Wink

Message Edited by guiness56 on 02-13-2010 02:29 PM
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.