Contributor
onmyway3161

BoA Personal Loan

I have a CC with BoA. I am thinking about applying for a personal loan with them to pay off some small bills. (1800 balance on car loan, some small medicals, etc.)  Does anyone know the requirements for a personal loan with BoA? I don't want to put another inquiry on my CR if I don't think I have a chance.
Eagle1

Re: BoA Personal Loan

I received a BOA unsecured consumer loan for 12k over 2 y/o for misc. debt. I applied with a sibling co-signer even though I was not denied or requested to. I just didn't bother on my own knowing what I knew about my CRA's. I applied On-Line and was approved in less than an hour. The terms: 48 mos. at around 12%. I accepted the terms because I needed immediate financial relief. The first year of principal didn't move much but it becomes better with time and the CRA reporting is a benefit. I believe my branch loan officer said BOA does not do consumer loans anymore, but check anyway. If possible try to get automatic withdrawal from a BOA checking account during closing, which should be entitled to a 1/2 point reduction. Research other debt combined loan lenders as well. Good Luck!
Contributor
onmyway3161

BoA has a section on their website to apply for an unsecured loan. I am not sure what CR they will pull so I was wondering if anyone here knows and what my score should be. I was just approved last month for a BoA Gold Visa with a 1500 CL.
Eagle1

It depends on the State you are in. My state is Equifax Try this link http://www.whogavemecredit.com/index.php?page=search.php&srch=state I don't know the requirements

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+